Pregnancy Weight

gemmatruenort

Reaction score
I am researching the issue of women's body image during pregnancy for a television documenrary which looks at the huge pressure many women feel to remain slim throughout their pregnancies/to get back to their pregnancy weight immediately after birth.

I'm keen to speak to young women about their feelings on this subject- do you feel the media coverage of celebrity mums such as Victoria Beckham miraculously shrinking back to their pre-pregnancy size puts an unreallistic pressure for other women to do the same? Do you find yourself worrying about your weight during pregnancy/after giving birth?

I'd be really interested in hearing about your thoughts on the matter and your experiences of body image during pregnancy

well this is me 7 weeks after given birth guess am just luckey:hugs:
some people find it easy to go back as i have done after 4 kids, and i have gone back to a size 6 everytime ,

Attachments

• ALIM0756 (Large).JPG
    ALIM0756 (Large).JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ALIM0757 (Large).JPG
    ALIM0757 (Large).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 19
  • ALIM0383 (Small).JPG
    ALIM0383 (Small).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 15
I am struggling to loose my pregnancy weight after both my children and i would be willing to share my experiences just drop me a pm

Iv been really lucky with my weight. I was back to my normal weight before my son was a week old but if I hadn't have been so lucky I'd be absolutely depressed. I do think that celebritys create an impossible standard for normal women, and most of them have help that they dont admit to, or starve themselves. Either way it puts pressure on normal women, because I still get compared to celebs and they're post baby bodies, and Im back to a size 6, so I'd hate to think what they'd say if I werent.

Iv got pics if needed just private message me and I'll send you them by email if that helps

I've been able to lose the weight with no effort whatsoever, but I've also been going through an awful recovery. I had a c-section, I'm a picky eater so barely ate a thing in the hospital, ended up with a uterine infection, was feeling really ill the whole week, at the end of the week the incision opened and I was readmitted to the hospital - to a bed on the gastrointestinal floor (disgusting) for 3 nights. So didn't eat much, plus I don't know, with the messed up sleep schedule and open wound and such I've lost most of my appetite.

I lost 30lbs of my 40lbs gained by the time my daughter was 3 weeks old. I still have weight to lose but I'm back into size small pants and medium tops; I can wear jeans but they're restricting on my bandages on my abdomen and because of the bandages I'm still wearing size 28 waist or size 4. I can fit into one pair of my size 1 jeans though, just has to do with where the waist sits.

But.. I hate my body, I have loads of stretch marks and my belly sags. I want to buy Spanx to hold everything back. I'm totally unhappy with the way I look right now and though acceptance IS coming, it's hard to accept 100% that I can never look a certain way.. and it's hard being 19 knowing I'm not going to be wearing a bikini anytime soon (without disgusting people that is! lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->