Pregnant after preeclampsia... 28 week scan shows small baby

staky89

Reaction score
Hi.. Where to start?
My daughter was born at 28+6 due to preeclampsia. She weighed 2pound3. After a long journey she is now a perfectly healthy and happy 2 year old.

Well now I'm pregnant again and so scared of going through it all again. I went for a check up yesterday and had a growth scan. I'm 28+5 today. My bp was fine (I'm on a lot of meds) and my urine was clear. All was looking good. When it came to my scan baby is measuring too small, below the 10th percentile. They said she's 2pound5.

Iv got to go back next week for a Doppler scan and review in fetal assessment then the week after for another growth scan.

I'm just so worried as I know preeclampsia effects blood flow to the baby.. Am I developing it again?

I guess at least this time they are keeping a closer eye on me.

I think I just need to talk to someone and to hear about other peoples experiences.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, I'm not much use but I'm monitored for pre eclampsia due to issues with my blood but luckily did not develop it - are you on clexane to help blood flow? There are some good pre eclampsia threads on the boards that might help xxx

I'm going through thus at the moment I had pre e with my daughter but didn't develop it until 36 and delivered at 38+6. This time I have been on BP meds because the high BP never went after my daughter I have been having extra growth scans. At my 28 week he was just above he 10th percentile but at my 31 week he had dropped to the 5th, blood flow is good I have a scan in just over a week now to check growth and go from there as to what will happen. I have never dealt with this so I'm pretty scared and hoping things will be ok Xx

Unfortunately blood pressure meds can also cause a baby to be small for dates and increase umbilical resistance. How was the cord doppler? That's the one that really matters. I didn't get pre-e the second time as we controlled my bp with medication, but my baby was still very small, umbilical resistance was rising dramatically due to the amount of medication I was on. So while I was nowhere near as ill in myself, I still only made it another 8 days in my second pregnancy as the cord wasn't coping with the blood pressure well enough.

Thanks for the replies.

Had another scan and so far the placenta is working fine and doing it's job. Was told everything looked fine (apart from her size) gota go again next week for another growth scan to see how much she's grown. May have to have steroids as a precaution. But only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->