pregnant again?

Maria5

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm extremely new to this whole forum thing so forgive me if it sounds weird. I'm worried. I had my son two months ago, in October. I have been exclusively breastfeeding. So this morning while in the bathroom I discovered spotting and my first thought was 'Great! Why did my period come back so soon?" But that's all it was was spotting. I am slightly concerned that it could be implantation bleeding? Is there anyone who has had a pregnancy scare like this and what was the outcome? Although I LOVE kids and do want more it is not the best time. We cannot afford another one right now!

You could also be ovulating. I spotted when ovulating for first couple cycles after birth. Be cautious.

I'm waiting on my period due next week after a split condom & the morning after pill. My son is only 3 months. I've had some little cramps which I am hoping are due to the morning after pill rather than implantation cramps which I had with my son. Good luck & hope you get the outcome you hope for x

I had some spotting at 6 or 7 weeks. At first I thought it was my first AF, but it wasn't heavy at all and didn't return a month later. I took a pregnant test and it was negative. DS is now over 9 months and still no sign of AF (and I'm definitely not 8 months + pregnant!)

After I had my son, I had the normal postpartum bleeding for about 3 weeks. Then at about 6-7 weeks postpartum, I had some red blood for a day. I was thinking it was my first period for sure! But it stopped after a day and I haven't had any bleeding since. I am EBF and I haven't had so much as a hint of a period since that one day of red blood. I have had a couple "well, maybe...." moments but got bfn when I tested.

Good luck!! :flower:

Yes my postpartum bleeding ended and a week or two later, around 2 months, I had some more spotting, so it could just be that. I ALSO thought it was my period coming back and it wasn't, nor was I pregnant hehe.
But have you been having unprotected sex? I mean is there anything that might have got you pregnant? If I may ask! :p

Well if you have been having unprotected sex you could be. It happened to me, I had just stopped breastfeeding though.

My bleeding/spotting was off and on for weeks after. It also could be ovulation ,like another poster said. I'd test in a few days to be sure but otherwise just use caution.

My midwife told me if she had a pound for every woman who told her they were having a surprise baby as they didn't think they could get pregnant while exclusively breastfeeding she'd be rich enough not to be my midwife! My grandmother in law breastfed all of hers (11 of them!) but she has two sets of Irish twins (born within a year of one another). Moral of the story, if you're not ready for another for any reason don't rely on breastfeeding to stop it happening!

I've had one period at 7 weeks pp, then about 2 months later I had a day off spotting then nothing since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->