Pregnant? Any opinions and advice so appreciated

Courtleigh

Reaction score
Lately I have been physically experiencing slight nausea, small headaches, lightheaded (especially after standing up from sitting or laying), a weird feeling in my stomach- sometimes to do with nausea and sometimes just a flipping/ butterfly feeling. This past week I've had trouble sleeping at night (tossing and turning until about 5am). I've also been burping a lot (mostly after meals) and my appetite has also been going crazy- sometimes I'm starving and meals don't satisfy the hunger, sometimes I'm not interested in food at all. I usually work out about 5 days a week and this week my usual work out felt exhausting. My period is about a week late now. I've had my usual monthly acne break out but no sign of my period. I've been having hints of cramps but they're nothing like my usual period cramps. Emotionally I've been off- At the beginning of the week I was feeling extremely down/ negative and I was even crying a bit but then by the end of the day I would feel inexplicably positive and upbeat. Yesterday, I spent the entire day laughing uncontrollably and sometimes it was over things that weren't that funny. I am always easily entertained but this was abnormal. I took a pregnancy test a few days ago and it was negative. I found out some negative news about my family about 6 days ago and I'm wondering if stress could be causing all this? I've also heard that I should take another pregnancy test in a few days as the hormone levels may not have been strong enough to come back positive when I took the test. I am so confused by all of this and just want an answer. I am travelling and cannot afford to see a doctor. I don't get home for a month so I would love advice or an opinion.

Hi, I've had similiar symptoms before and wasn't pregnant, negatives on both urine and blood tests. I'm not entirely sure what caused it yet, could've been an ovarian cyst or could be that a hormonal imbalance was caused by my pill or chronic fatigue syndrome. Either way it is possible to get many pregnancy type symptoms without being pregnant. I would say that stress could cause quite a few such as headaches, late period and gas (which if trapped could cause cramps) or an upset stomach. A late period can mess with you hormones too so could make you feel up and down.
It would be good if you can take a pregnancy test again but make sure its the first urine of the morning as apparently the pregnancy hormone shows up better then.
However, if its negative again and the symptoms continue you should try to seek some medical advice as though it could be stress, it could be something else like a thyroid problem and though this doesn't help much, unfortunately for some women urine pregnancy tests just don't work and they need a blood-test to confirm a positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->