Pregnant cleaning fetish...

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
I used to be a bit of a slob. I'd leave crumbs about in the kitchen and shrug off missing a shower for a couple of days. I'd leave smelly dishes in the sink.

Now I dream of cleaning. I'm not exaggerating, it's the stuff of glorious daydreams. I adore the feeling of brushing my teeth. I adore the smell of dishwasher tablets, fabric softener, freshly washed linen, washing up, anything really clean, antibacterial wipes...I love wiping everything down until it sparkles. I bathe obsessively. I go into shops just to inhale deeply along the cleaning aisle.

Ohhh Shake n Vac, bubble bath, Lenor! I love it all. There are candle scents called Clean Cotton and Fluffy Towels which I must have burning all day every day.

Please tell me I'm not alone! I'm starting to feel weird about it. I'd just not rather be doing anything else but scrubbing and smelling clean stuff! Yesterday my MIL offered to do the washing up and I started having a go at her and telling her to back off, it's mine!

:blush::wacko::haha:

lol your description is hilarious! I also love the smell of CLEAN. I love to see everything in its place and sparkling. I adoreeeeeeee the scent of fresh linen!!!

Haha too funny. Nesting has hit you HARD! I've always been a clean freak, so I haven't really had much to clean, just organized a bit... I do get obsessive about the scentsy stuff though. It must be fresh daily to have the ongoing smell!

I am the same way!!! And we are currently getting ready to move so we are packing and everything is kinda messy and torn apart and I'm seriously having massive anxiety issues over it.I just let want everything clean and organized... My poor husband is getting the brunt of this and it's not been pretty. Thank God he's a trooper even though he thinks I'm crazy

I love the smell and look of everything clean, but i hate the process that it takes to get there. I used to be able to keep on top of it. . . . sort of. . . now with a 3 yo, 1 yo, a husband, and being pregnant all on top of working full time? It's impossible. Sometimes i sit on the couch and cry because the dishes are dirty, the floors need sweeping and mopping and vacuuming, and toys are strung from one end of the house to the other but i have no desire or energy to do anything about it.

Right there with you. And my obsession has gotten to far. Though...it will not stop me.

Yesterday while grocery shopping I was getting flustered with my husband bc he wasn't "organizing things in the cart right". After awhile he was doing it to mess with me.

So it only gets crazier I think haha !

I'm a clean freak, however I'm also exhausted! My eldest is 8, she has adhd and Asperges, my toddler flora is 2, she's hard work and we have a tiny house, I'm panicking about getting things organised for baby, we have no storage, the rooms need moving about and I need to have a huge clear out but I'm so tired! Hubby is amazing but by time evening comes we don't want to start moving stuff about and doing a deep clean... Bleach is my best friend but i need to make more of a effort to rekindle our relationship!

I love the smell of cleaning products, lol.

But I'm also craving having my teeth cleaned at the dentist. I can't explain it but I can't wait to get it done. Maybe next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->