pregnant former breastfeeders?

RaspberryK

Reaction score
This might seem odd, wondering if any of you have had similar experience.*I am only just pregnant and stopped breastfeeding ds when he was 12months.*Since ovulation this month my breasts have been swolen, tender and leaking.*They never really stopped leaking completely, but I've had a noticeable amount since Christmas.*Has anyone experienced colostrum or milk production this early on?*Xx

Also in breastfeeding section.

:hi:

I breastfed my DS until he was a year old and am now around 4 weeks pregnant so very similar to you.

My breasts have definitely swollen and the nipples have become darker (and bigger I think :wacko:) but no leaking yet. I haven't had any leaking at all since I stopped BF though so maybe you've got very proactive boobs :winkwink: It's probably nothing to worry about, just blame the hormones :flower:

Yes I definitely have pro active boobs, lol. ..
And I just did a test with the leakage and got a stronger positive than with poas!
Crazy :$
Thank you for the reply, anyone else?
Xx

I breast fed till lo was 22 months and my breasts are definitely more tender this time. I haven't had leaking though but I never leaked after had dd and never needed breast pads. I am back in the nursing bras I had as most comfortable

I'm thinking of digging my maternity bras out and definitely going to have to wear sleep bra at night.
I was always a leaker.
Xx

I was just reading about this! I'm 10w5d and I stopped BF my son when he was 4mo, but ever since, if I squeeze, a drop or two of colostrum will come out! He is over 2 years old now! WTH? But apparently it can be normal for some women this early to have it! I never leaked with DS either. They have also been far more tender and swollen this time too, which I never had last time. I'm glad I'm not the only one, lol.

i breastfed my last one till he was about 19 months

ive been lucky my breasts havent grown, they arent achey or anything, but i am able to express colstrum. i was the same with my last pregnancy too

They didn't grow bigger at all last time until ds was 5 days old.
I don't remember how long before I got colostrum I used to get white marks in the inside of my bra cups.
Xx

I was weaning DS at 15m when baby number three came to be, I haven't really had leaking but there is still stuff in there and they grew huge already and knowing they are going to get bigger scared me, I thought I was going to get to wear my pretty bras again but nope still in my nursing bras just cause they are so comfy, I think Victoria secret would make some money off of pretty nursing bras, cause we still deserve to feel pretty when we are sore and miserable from pregnancy boobs

There are some pretty ones about but I never had any that were supportive enough or big enough.
Xx

I just ordered some nice lacey nursing bras from JC Penney actually bc my husband got a gift card from there at work for the holidays :happy dance:

I am waiting for them to show up any day now...

https://www.jcpenney.com/spencer-mi...hResults&colorizedImg=DP0225201317013827M.tif

That's cool, I'll have to wait and see what size I end up this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"