Pregnant or?

Maylea87

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm new to this board and, though not particularly seeking any advice, wanted to share my story. Of course, opinions are always welcome :)

My husband and I have been married for about a year, he is 26 and I am 24. I have been on the nuvaring but got off of it in October due to migraines and we just decided to stay off of birth control all together. I believe that puts us in the not trying, not preventing category.

My periods have been normal since getting off bc until January. My last period was Dec 21st and I tend to have fairly regular cycles around 31-32 days. We had unprotected sex around the time I would have been ovulating, but to be honest I wasn't really paying attention to whether or not I had an ovulation symptoms.

My period is now 2 1/2 weeks late. I took a test the day after I missed because we were going out of town for our anniversary and I wanted to make sure I didn't have any wine if I was pregnant. It was negative.

I took another one at 9 days late and it was negative as well.

I called my doctor and she seemed unconcerned. Said if I didn't have a period by the end of Feb to call back.

I haven't had any symptoms really, aside from frequent mild headaches over the past couple of weeks. St the end of last week my nipples became sore and I began getting cramping on my right side. I figured I was about to start. Now, several days later, the cramping is still there so I called the doctor again and she thinks I may have a cyst. I have an appt for next week.

I had another negative test this past Sunday, but today I noticed my boobs are very sore.

I'm trying really hard not to "imagine" symptoms, because I know that's very easy to do, but the wait is driving me nuts!

I know its very unlikely that I am pregnant, but I can't wait to get rid of the "what ifs" and move forward either way.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

I'm the same. I'm trying to figure out if I'm imagining my symptoms! It's frustrating for me haha =p
I dont think it's highly unlikely for you to be pregnant.. People get pregnant while on bc and people have fallen pregnant after just coming off of it.
I guess we both need to just wait and see! It's a horrible wait

I'm the same. I'm trying to figure out if I'm imagining my symptoms! It's frustrating for me haha =p
I dont think it's highly unlikely for you to be pregnant.. People get pregnant while on bc and people have fallen pregnant after just coming off of it.
I guess we both need to just wait and see! It's a horrible wait

Yes it's very frustrating! Driving me crazy :)

The reason I say I think it's highly unlikely is because I have had 3 negative hpts. I guess you never know though... Anything is possible!

Tbh, I will be happy either way. I'm just tired of the waiting game! Lol

I've had 2 negative tests.. Still hoping though! Haha going to see a doctor today to see what my symptoms are if I'm not actually pregnant.

Hmm... it could just be your body getting back to normal from being on birth control and the hormones could be messing things up.....did you test again? Let us know the outcome! Good luck x

Prob your body getting off BC i didnt get my period 3 months to the date after getting off of it :)

Well ladies, you were right! We did bloodwork and an ultrasound yesterday and everything turned out normal. They said it was probably a combination of my bc and/or stress. I'm a competitive horse rider and my horse actually got kicked in the head a couple of days before I was supposed to ovulate. He ended up needing surgery to repair his skull, we weren't sure if he was going to make it, etc (he's fine now, btw :)) I guess between that and the bc I shouldn't be supposed everything is out of whack!

They gave me a progesterone prescription (which I chose over the shot) to induce af.

To be honest, I was a bit relieved to hear everything is normal. We officially began NTNP in December and, while I know I will be ready when it happens, I sure did not expect it that fast! As an incredibly Type-A personality, I'm a grateful for a little more planning time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->