Pregnant with hypothyroidism and want to lose weight

katrus78

Mommy of 3
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!
I am 8 weeks pregnant today, and had my first appointment yesterday where they weighed me. I almost cried when I saw the number on a scale! Just one year ago, I was at 140lb (like on my avatar picture), and now I am at 198lb! I am so scared of how much more weight I will gain, especially because I am pregnant with twins. I really am not enjoying my pregnancy because I hate looking in the mirror, and hate my body righ now. I believe I gained so much weight mostly because of my hypothyroidism. But I do think it is possible to slowly lower it over the next few months without affecting the babies.
Is anyone in the same situation, or would you have any advise for me? :cry:

I worked out & counted calories during my 2nd pregnancy. I think I remember losing weight at one point. I would just make sure you don't overwork your body or starve yourself. I used to get told my baby would be underweight if I did that.. but he was 10lbs at birth & I ended up weighing less than I did pre-pregnancy lol. I think as long as you do what your body is comfortable with it will be ok.

Seriously, now is not the time to freak out about how much you weigh and try to aggressively lose weight, especially since you're having twins. You're going to gain some weight. It doesn't have to be a ton, but it could be. If the numbers truly bother you, ask that they don't weigh you unless necessary and when they do, to not tell you what the number is. Just focus on eating the most nutritious diet you can and get some exercise. Search for pregnancy diets and they'll give you good guidelines on getting a full range of nutrients and a healthy amount of calories. And just remember that it's only 9 months and the weight will start coming off after those beautiful babies are born.

Also, by the end of my pregnancy, I had gained 30 lbs. By 10 days pp, I had lost 33, just from delivering the baby and having my blood and fluid volumes go back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->