Pregnant with twins - 6 weeks

SandyQatar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have just found out I am pregnant and obviously very excited! This is my first pregnancy...

I went to the doctor for my first ultrasound yesterday and was very surprised to find out the following!

[*]2 sacs
[*]2 heartbeats
[*]1 embryo

I will be as optimistic as possible, I have heard that it is common for one of the twins to develop a little slower than the other, hence why we cannot see the other embryo yet? Or the angle of the ultrasound is not accurate?

The doctor has now given me the following medication to take for 2 weeks (to strengthen the pregnancy apparently)

cyclogest
duphaston

Any comments/feedback very much welcomed now please!

Thank you very much!

Sandy,

sorry am I being stupid... how can you get two heart beats with one embryo?

I thought the same ? Or did you meen 2 embryos & 1 heartbeat ?

If so thats quite normal as twins can implant at different times x

sorry am I being stupid... how can you get two heart beats with one embryo?

I know!

Unfortunately I have a language barrier with my doctor and I was typing word for word what she said!

So perhaps she meant she cant see the other one in the ultrasound, not it is non existent??

I thought the same ? Or did you meen 2 embryos & 1 heartbeat ?

If so thats quite normal as twins can implant at different times x

Thank you very much for your response!

As I said in my previous post. I have a major language barrier with my doctor, so I don't think the wording comes out quite right sometimes, so 2 heartbeats means no issues I assume?

Im in the process of finding another doctor, I just hope this forum can help me in the mean time.

Very new to all of this...

Sorry I cant help, I went for my first scan at 5 weeks and I saw two sacs, two yolk sacs a spec of a fetal pole in the one but no heartbeat, dr said its too early... Its also my first pregnancy after trying for over a year.

I have my second scan on Saturday so hopefully we will see more?

Keep us updated on your twins

Sorry I cant help, I went for my first scan at 5 weeks and I saw two sacs, two yolk sacs a spec of a fetal pole in the one but no heartbeat, dr said its too early... Its also my first pregnancy after trying for over a year.

I have my second scan on Saturday so hopefully we will see more?

Keep us updated on your twins

Hi there,

Thanks for your post!

I am sure everything is fine but I just wanted some more information on this.

Ahhh yes apparently you can hear the heartbeat after 6 weeks, so shouldn't be long for you!

Will keep you posted, same with you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->