Prem and next stage car seat....

gemlou86

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Can someone please advise.

My lb was born at 25+5 now 11 months old (7months 3weeks adjusted) he is still small 16.4lb in the 7kg mark.

He is still in the first car seat but his legs are so long think it's getting uncomfortable I have been looking at the next stage car seats but don't know where to start. When i have been looking they say 9kg + or 9months and over. When did u upgrade your prems car seats?

Thanks xx

26 months as she was only just over 20lbs and head hitting the top :rofl: I upgraded mine to an extended rear facing chair that allows her to rear face until 18kilos. (around 4 years old)

Weight and height are the most important thing in a car seat. If his head isn't above the seat then definitely keep him in it longer. While it may look uncomfortable to you children are much more flexible and it is very rare that it is uncomfortable for a child.

Hi,

I've also been looking into this alot lately, My little one was born at 27 weeks and now 10 months old and also legs are over the edge, He now weights 17lb.

I have been into mothercare looking at the next stage car seat as my mother in law has said she will buy one for his birthday, And i've been told baby must weight 20lb due to the fact they are forward facing impacts are all focused on the chest ! (this really scared me as i know his chest is going to be weaker then other babies) i was even thinking of getting one but this put me right off,

There are 3 factors before a baby can go into the next stage baby must be 9 months old- due to muscles in the back of there neck been formed correctly,
be able to sit up on there own for a period of 15 minutes and longer - due to there spine and bone strength
And 3rd be 20lb due to impact reasons

i was all good and ready to get one but decided i am keeping him in his little car seat as long as possible, they told me feet over the edge is fine you just have to watch that there eye level is not over the top of the car seat

hope this helped xx

Legs over the end is no trouble at all, as long as the ehad isn't over the top. Keep them in the little seat as long as possible. Abby hovered around the weight category for a loooooong time. I think she was about 15 months when we got the next size seat. Length wise her legs definitely dangled in the baby seat before we moved her. Her head was just getting to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->