Premature clothing?

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Hi all :flower:

My friend had her baby boy yesterday night, he is 7 weeks early and weighed 5lb 1oz. Just wondering where I can buy him clothes? Mothercare seem quite expensive, just want to know if anywhere else sell them before I buy stuff from there :)

Ta x

The big boots near me sells them but I'm not sure how much they are price wise. Maybe try tesco too they sell early baby/tiny baby things (not sure which way round is smaller) and Alex was in there bigger of the smaller size and he weighed 5lb 9oz. Hope mum and baby are well :hugs: xxx

Thanks both :hugs:

Yeah they are both doing good, she said they just have to stay in to help him breath, she's just in total shock! xx

alex was 5lb 3 born but went down to 4lb 11oz , mother care prices were soooo expensive, asda and tesco tiny baby go up to 6lb, matalan do tiny baby but they go to 8lb, marks and spencers do a tiny baby too .

aww congrats to your friend 5lb 1 is a great weight my lo was also 7 weeks early and only 3lb 11oz. Most shaops like asda/tesco/matalan and adams start from 5lb :happydance: id suggest just a few practical things like vests and bodysuits as he'll soon grow out of them. Cardigans and hats are alot harder to come by in tiny size we started off with some dols clothes :blush: but fitted great. Hope lo comes on a treat and your friend recovering well xx

Asda do tiny baby vests and sleep suits. That's pretty much all she'll need in that size. 7 vests for a fiver. They might not be a totally snug fit, but they will keep im warm all the same!

Yeah I plan only buying things she will need, like sleepsuits etc x

all my preemie stuff was given to me and was from next!

I guess bear in mind that he might be in SCBU for a little while and they usually supply clothes for them whilst they are in. They can wear their own stuff though of course. We got most of ours from Asda and Boots. Their ranges were really good and a good fit if a little big to start with.

Congrats to your friend :)

I guess bear in mind that he might be in SCBU for a little while and they usually supply clothes for them whilst they are in. They can wear their own stuff though of course.
Good point.

This was an absolute godsend for us in the beginning. But once we got ourselves together, we decided to buy our own and it was nice to know we could so something for her - plus she still needed them when we got home. Once we were done with them we donated them to the SCBU. It was the least we could do!

Same here - Andrew's been in NICU clothing for the last few weeks, but I think (now the end is in sight!) that I'll start taking his own clothes in to wear. I've bought & been given some lovely "tiny baby" clothes and if he doesn't start wearing them soon, he'll be too big for them and I'll have to re-gift them!

Adsa/tesco for cheap and cheerful. And ebay for cardigans/hats if you don't have a knitting neighbour.

asda do stuff in "tiny baby" sizes!

And, asda sleepsuits do shrink in the tumble dryer! So wah them and stick them in a tumble dryer on hot lol

A variety of good quality items available for those on a low income from the charity Care Confidential. I don't have enough posts to paost a link but if you google charity Care Confidential you'll find the website

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->