Prenatal Vitamins

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
How many of you still take these? I'm technically supposed to keep taking these but I haven't since Nadia was born. Ive noticed that my hairs starting to fall out andI'm breaking out with bumps all over my body. I know its due to stress buy will taking my prenatals help keep my hair and skin healthy?

Hasn't for me, I'm taking em and still losing hair left and right :(

:( sad now I was really hoping they would help!

You probably can't help the hair loss much, but you might feel healthier overall if you take them again-- recovery from giving birth is serious business.

I've been taking "Prenatal 19" (Rx) for over five years, prenatals seem a little better than other multi vitamins (IMO). I have had malabsorbtion, a zinc and a calcium deficiency since long before TTC or having LO. I'll probably be on them for the rest of my life. I also take 6 calcium citrate per day. I chew everything (chewable or not) to help get them in. I'm missing a part of my intestine that helps with absorption. I am a little worried about LO getting enough of everything she needs because of my issue, so we give her vitamin drops as well.

I'm still taking them as I'm breastfeeding. Midwife told me it will help lo to get everything she needs. I had hair loss really bad for about 2 weeks but now back to normal.

Yeah I'm probably going to try to take them again. If I could remember all through my pregnancy than I can remember now! I definitely don't get all the vitamins I need since having Nadia I usually just snack all day cause its easier and she's quite needy. I never have time to be able to cook AND eat! Unless its something quick like frozen pizza.

I hate losing hair I seen a picture of a piece of hair getting wrapped around a babies finger and cutting off the circulation....scary stuff! Maybe I can try changing shampoos if it doesn't stop on its own.

Thanks ladies.

I kept my hair in a bun for the fall-out period. I'd brush it everyday and collect the lost hair from the brush to bin it so it wouldn't get everywhere. DH and I both have longer hair, so it was always a paranoia for us that it would get wrapped around something, so every unexplained crying session was accompanied by a full-body exam to make sure nothing was being wrapped up, even checked in his diaper in case his poor little willy had a hair around it, lol! We got the paranoia from a thread on here about hair wrapped around someone's baby's toes in their socks. :(

Thats so scary! I keep mine up but it somehow makes its way all over my clothing!

My niece used to wrap string and rubber bands around her fingers when she was like one. We'd get her up from a nap and every single finger would be covered in string and swollen cause who knows how long it was there..luckily she never lost a finger. Crazy little girl just loved freaking us out every chance she got!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->