Prenatal Vitamins?

oregoon

Reaction score
So I've heard a lot about the necessity of taking folic acid months before you plan to become pregnant. I've also heard some saying to take prenatal vitamins before you become pregnant, since those have folic acid and other nutrients.

I've been taking a Vitamin B complex supplement for months (which has 400mcg of folic acid in it, the recommended dose for preconception). I took it because my BC pills messed with my vitamin B/ folic acid levels and created symptoms of depression. Fortunately the supp!ement helped!

What I'm wondering is if I should continue to take those pills that have folic acid, or if its better to switch over to a prenatal vitamin?

Thanks in advance!!

I just came on here to ask about prenatal vits too...I think if you are already taking the pre dose then just stick with that :)

I just take a daily multivitamin (womens one a day-the kaiser permanente brand) and it has 400mcg of folic acid in it. I was taking just pure folic acid before that, which was 800mcg. But i figured a multi was better and that I didnt really need 800mcg.

Once I get pregnant or start actively ttc then I will switch to a prenatal vitamin. But for now I think my womens one a day vitamin is fine

Also, I have heard that fish oil is good to take when pregnant too. So i will probably take those also

I started a prenatal a month before I got pregnant and even though I am no longer pregnant I've stayed on them in preparation for another pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->