prep washing nappies

mummypeanut

baby due march 10th
Reaction score
Ok, I'm in the process of washing a selection of nappies before bubs arrives

Heres whats in the washing machine (can you let me know how many time i should put them through? Theyre on at 40 at the moment with a little wash soap - should i cut out the wash soap in the next few washes?):

The flip inner x2
Little lambs bamboo
Flexi tot (bamboo and microfiber inner) x3

plus:

all the fleece liners
all the washable wipes
and a couple of boosters

Also could anyone let me know where they get thier white vinegar from and where i can get grape seed oil from?

thnx xx

Can only give a rough guide but they say bamboo takes 10 washes to get to full absorbancy however, when LOs are really young they don't pee anywhere near enough to need them to be at full absorbancy :) I did my new nappies about 4 times IIRC :)

You can get white vinegar from the supermarket and I would assume grapeseed oil too although i'm not sure what thats for :)

O and you don't need any detergent in there if you don't want to, you also don't need to dry between washes :)

thanks - not needing to dry will save loooooads of time!

p.s. someone (i cant remember who sorry) reccomended grapeseed oil as a good moisturiser for babies bottom and a good barrier to meconium which we will have the delight of expereincing for the first few days :wacko: xxx

Need to get into gear and start washing our nappies...

Can i ask what the white vinegar is for?

Grapeseed oil is used in baby massage classes found near the olive oil in super
markets. White vinegar is useful as a softener for crispy or smelly nappies found with the normal malted vinegar salt etc.

Need to get into gear and start washing our nappies...

Can i ask what the white vinegar is for?

I think you put the white vinegar in with the wash (do you put it in the fabric conditioner bit of the drawer?) and it cuts through the detergent residue and any other residues to keep the nappies soft and absorbant xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->