preparing for the guilt

shanny

mother of 4 and an angel
Reaction score
4 th baby and all hav e been 40 min feeders!!!!!!

have always expressed the odd bottle for all of them but this also takes a good hr to get required amount

struggling with not enough hours in the day at mo and have decided to give odd bottle of formula instead of expressing as it will offer a little more flexibility

i am talking 1/2 a week

i have not done it yet - but feel guilty already

Surely if you're feeling guilty before doing it you wouldn't do it? Sorry if that sounds rude but if you're' not comfortable with giving formula, I wouldn't do it.

My DD would happily have stayed latched on all day. I got myself a wrap so I could feed for for however long hands free and could get on with other things. Was a life saver.

Don't feel guilty. Obviously breastfeeding is great but what's also important for baby is having a happy stress free mummy and if you need to give an odd bottle of formula to acheive that you shouldn't have to feel guilty.

Obviously I'm not discouraging you from bf but it's not the place of anyone here to judge your decisions and what's best for your family.

i do not feel guilty because i am worried about formula - more than it is different from what i have done for all the other kids and i always want to keep things the same

its just mother guilt that i will have forever - my mum still has it!!!

İf you have ebf your first three and are mainly bfing your 4th with occasional formula you are a bloody hero in my book!

Would it help if you could source breast milk for those feeds? You could look at the milk sharing networks. Some mums are just happy to see milk being used when they have no use for it... it's not all about medical need or problems with BF. If I had milk to spare, I'd happily have donated it to help a mum out. Worth a look anyway. It'll be different to what you've done with your others but less different than formula perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->