Preparing meats!

kaylynn040485

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
Just wondering, when preparing meats for lo's how do u all do it, like how do u cook it and serve it? Ive tried white fish which is easy enough as it breaks up but with chicken im finding it quite dry, i cook it slowly at low heat to ensure it cooks properly then blend it and it just goes like breadcrumbs lol so not sure how else i can do it to make it nicer for her Kx

Sometimes I add small chunks of raw chicken breast into boiling stock (the baby one you get from boots) along with chopped up veg. This way its not dry at all. Then just blend it up :D

With chicken I cut it up small, like max 1 inch, then fry it in a small amount of veg oil on medium heat - that way it takes hardly any time to cook compared to cooking a breast, so it stays quite moist.

So far chicken has been boiled in milk so it mashes easily (i make chicken chowder)

I think it also depends on the meat you use. With chicken I prefer thigh meat as it has more flavour and it moist so I've never needed to cook it any other way than roast skin on. Saying that Ellis had a good chew on a strip of roast pork from yesterdays roast which was quite dry lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->