Prepping meals for after birth

Loozle

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering if anybody here will be making meals in advance for after the baby is born?

I'm wondering about either batch cooking and freezing into portions or prepping meals that can go into the slow cooker, so I can just take it out and put in without any hassle? For example a freezer bag with the ingredients for chilli/chicken casserole etc? Any thoughts?

I've seen some people do that, I'd probably not remember to get them out of the freezer in time.
Xx

I plan on doing this to make things easier for all of us in the first few weeks. OH is actually really good with making meals, he's been doing at least half of the cooking while I've been pregnant, in the beginning because of the sickness and now I have SPD I can't stand for too long.

I was going to make meals in advance like lasagne, pasta bake, curries, cottage pie, things like that. I'm planning on getting some foil trays to make them in so it makes less dishes to deal with and these kinds of meals can be cooked from frozen as well.

I did this with my first baby as we had just moved house so it was all a bit chaotic. The only trouble was I couldn't eat sausage casserole or lasagne for about a year afterwards as I got so sick of it! I think I might do some batch cooking for the kids this time in case tea time gets a bit manic with feeding baby as well!

I think freezing meals is great ! I am going to start cooking double of whatever can be frozen . So whatever we have for dinner, if it's suitable to freeze, cook an extra portion. That and doing some prep for slow cooker meals which aren't fully cooked. With four kids I need to get this meal planning thing down to a fine art !

I will be doing this. Pinterest has 1000s of freezer meal ideas.

I had planned to do all sorts of freezer meals for after LO is born. Didn't work out at all :) I kept putting it off and now I can't stand for very long. So instead, we bought a bunch of frozen meals at the grocery store :D Lasagna, enchiladas, skillet meals for 2, steam in bag veggies and sauce, etc. So much easier, although I do wish I had made some homemade meals earlier. I much prefer them to store bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->