Presents for a one year old?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
My son will be almost 1 at Christmas and I don't really know what to get him for presents. He doesn't really have much interest in toys and tends to like everything he's not allowed :dohh:

Suggestions appreciated!

I'm not getting dd2 a huge amount, as I kept so many of dd1's toys. I thought I might get her a sand and water table.

If he's quite active how about a slide or a tunnel to crawl through. Or maybe a trike or ride on car?

We go to a baby group where they have treasure baskets ,which the babies seem to like. They're full of everyday household objects like wooden kitchen utensils, metal spoons, nail brushes, those loafer sponges and different textured materials, etc. He'll obviously need supervising whilst he's playing with them, but they might be more appealing to him if they're things he's not normally allowed!

I've got this https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb.../p-14236/little-tikes-stand-n-dance-starfish/ but I suspect she's not going to be interested. She's got everything from her brothers and also isn't bothered with toys. I'm getting her the Peter rabbit box set books and also a teepee tent for her to play in. Also a table top easel. I'm stuck really I don't want to look mean but I don't want to buy pointless things

Building blocks, duplo, toy kettle, stacking cups, and bath toys. These were all huge hits with dd.

What about a scuttlebug? He may be too young right now, but it won't be long til he can use it.

When Anabella was little I tended to buy her things for when she was a bit older to expand the lifespan of things. When she was 15 months, I got her the toot toot garage for Christmas and some happyland stuff. She still plays with it all now!

Daisy will be a little older she'll be 15months weve got her a cosy coupe, toot toot animal sets and peppa pig weebles so far :)

For her birthday last week we got her Mickey mouse club house bits she loves Mickey mouse! Vtech activity table, a ball popper and a toot animal pet hotel which both girls have loved! X

At that age my DDs loved the vtech walkers, happy land figures, wooden blocks

Mega blocks were always a huge hit with my kids
Walker toys
My Son got a laugh and learn toy
I got him toys geared from 18m-24 months :)

Wooden train set if Holly doesn't have one already.
My son played with his at 1 and now at 4 we have added to it and he still loves it, so do I. :)

We started the Christmas shopping today and have got him some stacking cups so far. We will also be getting some Duplo blocks and a ride on toy :)

Hey Bev, hope James is doing well! Not sure how our boys are almost 1 🙈
We've bought LO a cosy coupe police car but actually may keep it for his birthday now. He's also not a big fan of what I'd call baby toys (prefers his brothers cars and figures) and I'm not a fan of the same old vtech abc, 123 toys. I'm going to get some stacking cups, wooden puzzles, bath toys and blocks I think x

I know, can't believe our boys are healthy 1. How fast has that gone!

James is the same, he prefers Holly's toys :haha:

Gracie just likes things that make noise. Its her 1st bday tomorrow and we have got her:

-a new car seat for the grandparents as she outgrew her other ones
-4x books - Guess How Much I Love You, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Gruffalo and The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep
-Ewen the Dream Sheep to try to get her to sleep through again. She's never been allowed cot toys before.
- a Little Tikes mini piano/xylophone. Because noisy!
-Mega Blocks
-next size up clothes
-A cheap toy box
-A bowl, plate and cup set (family tradition, I still have mines)
-fisher price bounce n spin zebra

It looks a lot but everything was really cheap when we got it, excluding the car seat (which was a bargain too!) we have spent around £100.

Oh, I also got her a cake smash photo shoot and print on wowcher for £9.

For her Christmas I have got a "ball drop" game, clothes and a Beatrix Potter book with lots of the stories in it.

I think she is also getting a scuttlebug, a see-saw, some sort of spinning monkey, and other bits from family.

At 9 months Gracie wasn't interested in toys much, now she really is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->