Presents for music loving kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoycesMum

Reaction score
Any mommies out there with music loving kids?

I'm doing some last minute Christmas shopping for the kids.

I found these toys on Amazon what do you guys think?

Fisher Price Laugh and Learn to Love Puppy
Alilo G6 Honey Bunny
Playskool Rocktivity Sit To Stand Music Skool Toy

Any recommendations?

Honestly I'm not a fan of those singing teddy toys or the play tables with lots of electronic noises. I find them all very irritating. In my experience, toddlers just bash the same buttons over and over so you get the same three second clip of electronic music all day long.

The bunny looks pretty cute and since you can put your own music on you should get more variety of sounds/less annoying audio. It does look like it's aimed at a slightly older child than the other two though. Is your child at an age where he/she wants to listen to songs and stories or just enjoys the cause-and-effect play of pressing buttons and shaking things?

My music lover is nearly 3. She's got her own MP3 player (grandma's old phone stripped of everything but the music) and loves to listen to her songs on headphones. She also has a guitar that she just loves strumming. She's getting a mini wooden drum kit, a proper xylophone, a microphone and a harmonica this year. Her baby brother is getting bongos, maracas and sleigh bells.

If you possibly can, listen to the sounds the toys make first and see whether you can stand to hear them constantly. You can usually find demos on youtube.

My lo loves music, listening and playing. He has the elc cd player, an actual guitar (hubby is teaching him to play... at 2 :haha:), a set of drums with microphone (plastic set from john lewis, wouldn't recommend) but aside from his precious guitar he loves keyboards so a set of grandparents are getting his very own. Hes had music playing toys but never took much interest, he'd rather make his own music every time :flower:

We had the rocktivity thing, it was okay. The boys did love it, although it was kind of irritating (loud).

I bought them a set of toddler instruments on Amazon that they used quite a bit for a while when they were into that. It had a little tambourine, maracas, rain stick, bell, etc.

Also an mp3 player with kids song on it with kids headphones (volume limiting), or speakers.

Honestly I'm not a fan of those singing teddy toys or the play tables with lots of electronic noises. I find them all very irritating. In my experience, toddlers just bash the same buttons over and over so you get the same three second clip of electronic music all day long.

The bunny looks pretty cute and since you can put your own music on you should get more variety of sounds/less annoying audio. It does look like it's aimed at a slightly older child than the other two though. Is your child at an age where he/she wants to listen to songs and stories or just enjoys the cause-and-effect play of pressing buttons and shaking things?

My music lover is nearly 3. She's got her own MP3 player (grandma's old phone stripped of everything but the music) and loves to listen to her songs on headphones. She also has a guitar that she just loves strumming. She's getting a mini wooden drum kit, a proper xylophone, a microphone and a harmonica this year. Her baby brother is getting bongos, maracas and sleigh bells.

If you possibly can, listen to the sounds the toys make first and see whether you can stand to hear them constantly. You can usually find demos on youtube.

Both of my DD are at the age where they don't bash their toys around haha (thank goodness). They love their story time and disney music so i think that the Alilo bunny would be a good substitute for me when I'm busy with some work or chores around the house.

Yeah, I've looked into the demos on youtube. I think I'll skip out on the piano for the younger DD and get her and her sister some kid size instruments.

We had the rocktivity thing, it was okay. The boys did love it, although it was kind of irritating (loud).

I bought them a set of toddler instruments on Amazon that they used quite a bit for a while when they were into that. It had a little tambourine, maracas, rain stick, bell, etc.

Also an mp3 player with kids song on it with kids headphones (volume limiting), or speakers.

Yeah... I think i'll skip out on it actually haha. I don't need more headaches from their toys.

The toddler instrument sets are a good idea! Back to basic musical instruments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"