Presents for newborn?

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
Is this plenty for new baby? Playgym, soft toy, teether toy, couple of books and a stocking with dummies, comforter, babygrow and bath toy.
Any other ideas on stocking?

DS is 5 and will have about 8 things under the tree plus his stocking.

Does it matter that they don't have equal piles? Baby isn't going to know but 5 yo might notice.

That sounds perfect! :thumbup:

Sounds great. I'm due my first any day now and whilst I know he won't have a clue what is going on I've still got him a few bits and pieces as I know we'll take pictures to look at when he's a bit older. It's all things he needs/we would be buying anyway.

So far I've got him a couple of outfits in a bigger size (bought summer clothes on sale) and a sippy cup.

Still to get: play gym (probably will be told in years to come that it was from Santa), teether toy, socks, spoons, bowls (for a mini stocking)

They definitely don't need much in the way of presents at that age!

Lyn your right they really don't need much but I don't want to have to explain "why Santa forgot the Baby" or I'd be so tempted not to bother.

Your lists are great. My two were both thee months old at their first christmas and I spent hours opening presents from us, my family etc....keep it small but sweet/useful. Things you're going to next the next year or so baby grows, sleepsuits, hat, dummies, weaning bits.
My eldest was 2 when her sister was born and didn't give her a second thought on Christmas Day!

I think that sounds fine. It won't matter right now that the baby has less. I doubt your 5 year old will even notice but if he does just explain that babies don't want or need much and that the baby will have more next year

We've got a couple of things for LO, just for DDs benefit so it doesn't ruin the magic of Father Christmas. If she asks why he has less we're just gonna say that since he's so little he doesn't want very much. When he's older Father Christmas can get him more

We got our daughter clothes in bigger sizes (she's still wearing some of them now!) nappies, books, bibs, and a few small toys. She was only 10 weeks so it was mainly for the "first Christmas" pics of her with her parcels. I love wrapping and unwrapping though, I even wrap presents for the dog so I'm maybe a bad judge haha ...

Loeylo, I am exactly the same. The dogs in our family get their presents wrapped too as I just love wrapping and unwrapping although I might skip that this year only because I might not have time!!

Loeylo, I am exactly the same. The dogs in our family get their presents wrapped too as I just love wrapping and unwrapping although I might skip that this year only because I might not have time!!

I'm a bit crazy. Gracie was 10 weeks old at Christmas and I still found time to bake dog cookies on Christmas Eve. I have already started wrapping for this year though. My dog actually gets excited on Christmas and sits patiently at his pile for someone to open them with him.

Somehow I can't imagine ever finding time to make dog biscuits. I can barely find the time to make human ones lol.
Good to hear approval on my list, part of my issue is I'm team yellow and only due a few days before Christmas. So I can guarantee that shopping between baby and Christmas is highly unlikely to happen.

I do like the suggestion that if DS asks why Baby doesn't have as much as him to explain babies don't need much so Santa didn't bring a lot. Thanks for everyone's input and help.

I'm a bit crazy. Gracie was 10 weeks old at Christmas and I still found time to bake dog cookies on Christmas Eve. I have already started wrapping for this year though. My dog actually gets excited on Christmas and sits patiently at his pile for someone to open them with him.

That is SO cute! We have a 4 month old puppy and I've got him (and the cat) a couple of bits that I will wrap. He's still a bit crazy so I'm hoping it will keep him away from everyone else's presents ha ha

That all sounds perfect to me! DD will be a day off 6 months at Christmas and we've mostly got toys for when she's crawling closer to one, her main present is more from when she starts cruising and should last a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->