Presents for somebody who has everything?

Feff

Reaction score
My brothers birthday is soon and he's the hardest person to buy for ever! If I ask him what he wants he says 'nothing, if I wanted anything I'd go and buy it' :haha: I want to get him a present because I'd rather that than give him money. Anybody got any ideas please?!

How much are you looking to spend? My 1st thought was one of those experience days :)

I agree with pp, if he already had most "things" that you'd possibly think of, sometimes getting something completely different that they'd not really think of themselves works out really well. I got my DH a gift certificate for a deep sea fishing day trip one year when we lived in South Carolina, and it was an AMAZING experience. Maybe a gift certificate to do something really different like that, or to go somewhere he wouldn't normally go, but would be a totally new experience, would be nice? Not sure what kind of budget you're thinking though.

ETA: look on Groupon too, sometimes there's some really amazing prices for local things you wouldn't normally pick to do, that make it worth trying out. Would make for a good gift.

Thanks ladies! I want to spend about £50 tops (I know that sounds cheap but I'm skint lol!)

An experience day is a good idea thank you! I'll try and find a good one he would like, he's just sooooo awkward, he is too fussy and hard to please lol!

Why not take him out for dinner or for the day just you two? I love when people take time for me; my uni friends have started meeting for dinner at Christmas instead of buying presents as it's so nice to catch up rather than get new bath smellies.

Thanks ladies! I want to spend about £50 tops (I know that sounds cheap but I'm skint lol!)

An experience day is a good idea thank you! I'll try and find a good one he would like, he's just sooooo awkward, he is too fussy and hard to please lol!

Nah, I don't think that's cheap, that's a nice gift for a sibling! I think the deep sea fishing trip I got my DH was like $60-70 for the day trip? Something like that, it wasn't terribly expensive. But even to this day, he still talks about how much he enjoyed it as it wasn't something we'd ever gotten to do before, and may never get to again. I think that's the main thing, finding something that will really be a new and worthwhile experience.

How about something like 'Go Ape'? That's really good fun and would fit into your budget.

Why not take him out for dinner or for the day just you two? I love when people take time for me; my uni friends have started meeting for dinner at Christmas instead of buying presents as it's so nice to catch up rather than get new bath smellies.

If I asked him to come out to dinner with me he would laugh his head off :haha: he's not that sort of person sadly, I'd love to do something like that!

Nah, I don't think that's cheap, that's a nice gift for a sibling! I think the deep sea fishing trip I got my DH was like $60-70 for the day trip? Something like that, it wasn't terribly expensive. But even to this day, he still talks about how much he enjoyed it as it wasn't something we'd ever gotten to do before, and may never get to again. I think that's the main thing, finding something that will really be a new and worthwhile experience.

Wow that's a good price! Thanks I'll defo have a look for some experience days later :)

How old is he etc and What's he into? Xx

He'll be 24, he's into expensive things :haha: not stupidly expensive but he likes expensive makes (don't even know what ones) I sound like such a rubbish sister haha! Xx

How about something like 'Go Ape'? That's really good fun and would fit into your budget.

I don't really think he would enjoy that :( I think he would if he came with me for my birthday but not for his present if that makes sense? I want to go now though :haha:

I don't really think he would enjoy that :( I think he would if he came with me for my birthday but not for his present if that makes sense? I want to go now though :haha:

Pay for you both to go? I think it's about £14 a person and it'd be a great day out and a good way to spend time together. Plus he can hardly complain as he didn't want a present at all!

How old is he etc and What's he into? Xx

He'll be 24, he's into expensive things :haha: not stupidly expensive but he likes expensive makes (don't even know what ones) I sound like such a rubbish sister haha! Xx

So are my brothers who are 20 and 22 (I think) ! They like expensive vodka, disarrono, expensive man fragrance. expensive t shirts from designer places, we tend to limit to 25-30 quid on each other unless it's a 21st or something.
For christmas I got one brother a Vomfass stack of 5 different flavours of vodka/liqueurs in a refillable novelty bottle which went down amazingly well.
I have bought them wallets, posh boxers, food hampers (like chilli themed or whatever they are into- one of my brothers likes to cook), joke toys and random things like earth magnets from those blokey kiddy random stuff shops. lol.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->