Press portrayal of protests....

fantastica

Mum.
Reaction score
I was just watching the news and it's really starting to bug me....why when reporting protests abroad (Libya etc.) are they portrayed positively? The reporter stands with the protestors, shows their point of view...acts as if it's good the people have finally stood up against these governments. Yet when it's something in Britain (recent London protests, student protests etc.) do the reporters stand with the police and criticise anyone who has gone a bit violent....or even the protest in general...how they cause such 'problems'. The police also get criticised whether they've kept the peace or not. Why aren't our reporters supporting these demonstrations?!

It's the same with the local media everywhere, it's politics. There are protests all around the Middle east & North Africa. If you watch BBC or CNN reporting the news in the Middle east you will support the protestors 100%, but if you watch the local media, you will see how those protestors are using violent, destroying common properties, & causing real problems.

If you watch the news about the protests in Syria for example on BBC, you will support the protestors as according to BBC the government is using violent against protestors. According to some of my family members who live there, it's all not true & most of those videos are made up. I dont believe media anymore, we dont really know what's really going on, they show us what they want us to see, not the whole truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->