Pressure on cervix from constipation

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
I am dealing witha severe case of constipation right now where I simply can't go to the bathroom because it is way too much bulk. I have only been constipated the last 2 bowel movements oddly. Did not have problems prior. While trying to push I started feeling a weird pressure like pulsating feeling on my cervix that is now getting stronger.
Should I be concerned that I did some damage? I am worried maybe my cervix is shortening.

Didn't want to read and run, but I don't really know whether or not the cervix could shorten from that sort of thing! When I have BM issues that are too bulky I never get anything like you're saying by the cervix, but sometimes it does feel tingly or something after.

If you're really freaked out, get a reassurance exam from your doc. Only way to know for sure.

I have an appointment in two days. My doctor said it should not affect the cervix and it is likely just blood vessels from all the straining. She said to see if it subsides and come in or go to the ER if it gets worse. I find it is a bit less intense now but still thumping / pulsating in the cervix/ uterus region..
Hoping to feel baby kick tonight or at least soon. That would give me some reassurance. But it can be hard to notice this early on when you're busy.

I was badly constipated last pregnancy in the 3rd tri and never had that sensation. Did hinder my labour though! He didn't drop down into my pelvis until i managed to poop. Was so embarrassed because the midwife walked in and shes like oh o see babies head try finish that poo! :rofl: and he was born about 10 minutes after that and i still managed to poop while pushing because i wasn't done on the toilet :blush: with my 1st two labours i had a few days of clear out prior to labour, so i didn't poo at all pushing.
Anyways back to the point it could be something else and definitely get checked if you're not sure or worried x

Hi I'm constipated badly too all this pregnancy!

I feel crappy because of it bad always blocked up and sluggish

I manage to poop about once a week, but it isn't anywhere near enough and feel tender inside after it

But if you are concerned please get checked

X

The pressure subsided and the pulsating feeling got less. I hope to be feeling some baby kicks soon. Sometimes I feel them 5 times a day and then not for a day or two..:(

My husband thinks I am way too worried. Maybe I am but it is just weird and no one seems to have experienced pulsating. My OB will see me on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->