Primary CMV

Ashlyn7891

Reaction score
Hi all!
I was diagnosed with primary CMV virus during my first trimester. I had an amnio today to see if the virus has been passed to the baby. We find out in about a week. If so I have been offered to be in a study that is double blind where I may get treatment or a placebo. I am not sure what I am going to do yet if our baby is positive. Just curious if anyone else was diagnosed with CMV during pregnancy and what your experience was? Thanks!

Hi hun.
I just wanted to say hello... Our 2 year old was born with congenital Cmv but we did not find out until she was 4 month old. If your baby is Cmv positive you can have antiviral infusions through out your pregnancy to try and limit the damage caused to your baby by the virus and once baby is born he/she can be offered antivirals usually for up to 6 months to.try and protect his/her hearing.

If you have any questions please feel.free to email me [email protected]

Best wishes michelle

Hi, just wanted to say hello.
I had a phone call yesterday following a TORCH screening I had done following my baby measuring small at my 20 week scan. The phone call told me that I have had exposure to cmv during pregnancy. Waiting until the 16th to see the consultant to discover what it means.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->