Princess Ann Southampton

m.knight

Reaction score
Anyone had / having their baby on the labour ward here? I was going to go to the nearby birth centre but have been advised to go to labour ward. I hate, and I mean hate, am terrified of hospitals. It's taken a lot to agree to go to the birth centre but I'm so scared now I have to go to hospital.

Has anyone got any experience of having their baby here? What's it like? What's the care like? Do they pay attention to you or just leave you to it? I'm scared we'll become one of these hospital statistics of babies who die on the ward because midwives etc are too busy to check on you. It's irrational I know but it's a huge fear of mine.

Hi.

I had my son there 2 years ago. Was on the broad lands ward and then was transferred down to the labor ward as I was exhausted and needed some assistance.

I was in labor for 36 hours and was asking for an epidural for best part of a day but they kept saying they were caught up in surgery and I had to wait! Went in the birthing pool whilst waiting and by the time one was available it was too late!

The midwives are lovely but I felt things weren't really explained to me and I felt I wasn't really given the support I needed after the birth.

I'm due in 2 days with my second and decided against going back to princess Anne.

Xx

M.knight - how random! I was going to the NF Birth centre too :( am being induced at Princess Anne tomorrow so will let you know my experience....I am really sad about not being able to go to the birth centre but I know it's for the best really.

I really hate hospitals too and used to have a horrible fear of them, but since having to go into PA weekly I feel more relaxed there. The midwives i've met in the day unit have been varied - some are lovely and really pay attention to you and some are quite dismissive, but I guess that's normal everywhere...

xxx

Sparklycat, good luck!! Please do let me know how it goes. I'm so disappointed not to be going to NF birth centre but I have raised BP and baby in OP position so they've advised labour ward :-( gutted. I really liked the birth centre too.

I suffered hugely from anxiety during this pregnancy but had got my head around the birth centre, and now I have to change and start all over again with feeling comfortable with it all!

I know ultimately it's for the best and I will do what I have to do to keep baby safe but it's still gutting.

Let me know how it goes xx

Ps. Same due date!

Yeah it's horrible to have your heart set on something and visualise it and then not be able to do it :(
I really don't trust hospitals at all - I'm in the area for Winchester but couldn't bring myself to go there as some mistakes they made led to the death of my Dad :( Southampton wasn't a great choice for me either as when he was in there some mistakes they made led him to loose his leg :o but as PA is over the road from the general that's made me feel a bit better as it's not 'the same' as it were!

I'll keep updating this thread tomorrow for as long as I can (lol!), who knows you might even be there at the same time :D

xxx

Ha wouldn't that be strange! Pretty sure I'm going to go over though as I've had zero signs of anything interesting happening here.

Hello. I kno this is an old post but if you can help that would be great! Im being induced on the 5th and im petrified. I got to go in at 7:30am. Where do i go? What do they do? And also what do you do once you have been induced?
Thank you if you can help.me as im stressing out :(

Kylie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"