Principle at Sandyhook was at Boston bombings?!

https://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/boston.asp

I hate this sort of nonsense flooding Facebook.

It's just disrespectful to speculate until there's more information on the bombings.

Why don't people get worked up about the real ways governments fuck up instead of making stuff up?:nope:

Totally agree Piper. We've enough to deal with from Government without having conspiracy theories. When we see what they do out in the open, why would they need to have these outlandish schemes?

What also bothers me about conspiracy theories is, they give a free pass to those who actually do carry out these horrific attacks. Is it really better to blame the Government instead of the IRA or AlQaeda, or even just the evil loner?

I do notice these tend to be more of an American thing rather than here in the UK. I think that comes in part from a reluctance to believe or accept they are a target for terrorists just as the rest of the world is. I remember the shockwaves that seemed to go around when it turned out the Oklahoma bomber was all white all male all American. It seems to be a denial that anyone could want to target the USA. That can be shocking for any nation to accept and the majority of Americans deal with it the same way as we do, but it does seem a small number want to completely deny it and find an alternative theory. Unfortunately the internet gives these people a voice too.

But just for once, I'd like it if we can let the injured heal and the grieving grieve, without tainting their memory with this stuff.

I've seen so much of it it's awful - so many fake pictures of the 8 year old that died before their identity was revealed; I've seen really stupid postings from twitter memorial groups including one little girl that was bald with from chemo and someone captioned it as 'She was 5 1/2 here last year when she beat cancer - now she's an angel, RT for respect'. Could have at least tried to get the maths right...

I am always amazed by people who blindly share and believe this stuff without even thinking about how easy it is to use photoshop. And if there really was a government conspiracy I think they would at least be careful enough to not use the same actor twice anyway! So so dumb.

I agree that it does seem to be a more American thing, but I think it's more to do with a massive distrust a lot of people there have of the government which seems to have existed since people first started colonising the place. Anything to do with the government is considered by a large group of people as untrustworthy, which is interesting as it's the opposite in a lot of other places.

I could barely believe it when I read about this census taker being murdered a few years ago, and what's more what was scrawled into his chest:

https://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1926180,00.html and co

It sounded more like something you'd see on an episode of the X Files. Anyway, I think a lot of the people who spread this kind of "conspiracy theory" are the kind of people who also distrust government in all its forms.

I am always amazed by people who blindly share and believe this stuff without even thinking about how easy it is to use photoshop. And if there really was a government conspiracy I think they would at least be careful enough to not use the same actor twice anyway! So so dumb.

Yeah, that's what gets me about this, it's the dichotomy of the whole thing. The government is so sneaky and so underhand and so evil they carry out these things, but at the same time, they make such ridiculous schoolboy errors that even Wyle E Coyote could run rings round them. :wacko:

It's just disrespectful to speculate until there's more information on the bombings.

Why don't people get worked up about the real ways governments fuck up instead of making stuff up?:nope:

:thumbup:

This story is so ridiculous, are people so desperate for answers that they'll believe the first made up theory that comes up? I hope none of the relatives and friends of the sandy hook head teacher have seen any of this, to have the death of a loved one used in this way is just plain wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->