• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

private ultrasounds?

N

Nerdy

Talk about a conundrum. I approached a local 3D ultrasound place that's just a few blocks from my home about what packages they offer as we were interested in getting scans done for Christmas card photos. Turns out these people ARE certified ultrasound techs, which is a huge bump up in their favor when it comes to me as I don't want ANYONE messing around with any kind of equipment if they don't know how to properly use it.

The best, and yet, most irritating part of this? They're $45 a scan with a 3D ultrasound, meanwhile my insurance deductible for an ultrasound through my OB is $80. :shrug: WHAT GIVES?! Either way... They also start doing gender scans around 15 weeks. I have to say I'm sincerely tempted.

Any experiences with these places?

We went to one with DD right before Christmas so we could do our gender reveal before the holiday. The place was very professional and relaxed, and the tech was wonderful. She gave us so many pictures and a CD with them on it as well. Well worth the price! The room was much more friendly than the typical medical office as well (especially that comfy bed!). :haha:

We've already booked a private 2D scan for 8 weeks with this one, and will be going back for a gender determination one at 15 weeks. This place even offers to live stream it in case a spouse is away or you want family to see it.

Private ultrasounds are definitely worth it to me! :flower:

This one comes with the live stream and a CD that houses pictures AND video of the entire event! For $25 more they'll order gender reveal cupcakes for you through a bakery they work with! I'm really starting to think "what's not to love?!"

I'm in the UK but always have private gender/3d ultrasounds and always had brilliant experiences. Spend so much more time nicer environment than the ones I get on the nhs here. Although like
I say am from UK so may be completely different xx

The cupcake part sounds like a deal clencher to me!! I'd go for it! Like the others said, private scans are so much more friendly than hospital ones :)

I think I'm convinced enough to book a gender reveal scan at 15 or 16 weeks!

I had a private gender scan at 16 weeks and LOVED it. The sonographer was wonderful and also did scans at the women's health clinic next door in addition to being a student midwife so I felt I was in good hands. She even did an extra long sweep to make sure there was no hidden twin, lol.

But the best part was how different it was from a traditional scan. Instead of looking mostly at close up images of Baby's organs etc. we just got to sit back and watch him play - it was so neat to see his personality and how he spends his days.

I had a private gender scan at 16 weeks and LOVED it. The sonographer was wonderful and also did scans at the women's health clinic next door in addition to being a student midwife so I felt I was in good hands. She even did an extra long sweep to make sure there was no hidden twin, lol.

But the best part was how different it was from a traditional scan. Instead of looking mostly at close up images of Baby's organs etc. we just got to sit back and watch him play - it was so neat to see his personality and how he spends his days.

I think to me that would be the best part. I LOVE science and I love getting to see all the little hidden details, but I think seeing my baby just chilling out and doing his, or her, daily routine. To me, those brief few seconds are the absolute best. I think this will be an awesome experience, and I think I may even arrange it as a birthday gift to myself.

We did the early gender scan, and we paid a lot more than what they are asking. I loved it! And thought it was worth every penny. So I say go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->