Probability they'll check the gender at next appt?

Bbari2018

Reaction score
My OBGYN's office told me at the first appointment that moving forward, they'll only do ultrasounds if they cannot detect a heartbeat.

At my next appointment, I'll be 17 weeks, and really want to know the gender. I know all offices are different, but what's the likelihood they'll do an ultrasound?

My OB appointments were as follows:

May 5th (6 weeks) - first appointment, did sonogram

June 2nd (10 weeks) - did sonogram bc first appointment was done too early

*at hospital*
June 22nd (determined 14 weeks) - NT scan

Next OB appointment: July 14 (17 weeks)

Next hospital appontment: July 27 (19 weeks) anatomy scan

My OB only does scans at 8,12 and 20 weeks unless there is something of concern. Usually it's the anatomy scan that you get gender with my OB.

I agree they'll look as part of your anatomy scan. Here you only get scans at 12 and 20 weeks unless you have bleeding, need growth scans or book at a private clinic

Aw man, I was looking forward to finding out the gender earlier (2 weeks feels so far away). Thanks for your answers!

We had to wait until the anatomy scan to find out gender as they only do scans at 10-12 weeks and 20 weeks unless there's a reason to do more.

you can always go to a private clinic and pay to find out the gender!

Your anatomy scan should be where they can tell you the gender. In the U.K. That's at 20 weeks, unless you book an early gender scan then you can find out from 16 weeks by scan or 10 weeks by harmony test but they are at cost to you.

You were all right! The doctor said I have to wait til my anatomy scan. It's just 2 weeks away I'm just super eager to find out!

Did hear baby's heartbeat though, and it's thankfully a healthy one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->