Probably a stupid question, BUT.... NASCAR race??

sandandsun

Reaction score
My husband was given free tickets to a big NASCAR race over July 4th weekend in Daytona Beach. We plan to go to the race for only a couple hours in the evening (don't care about all the daytime festivities), as we want to spend the majority of our weekend exploring the city and relaxing.

I'm only 8 weeks pregnant. Would the noise levels at this race for a couple hours be okay? Or potentially dangerous?

I listen to my very loud sound system and my baby has been perfect.

I actually asked my doctor about noise levels before I went to an indoor (so very loud) concert when I was twelve weeks with my son. My friend told me her doctor said it could throw the baby's heartbeat off. My doctor laughed and said he had never heard that and it was fine. Google supported what my doctor said. So I went and then when I gave birth, my son passed his hearing test better than the other newborns, meaning his hearing was great (which doesn't help when I am calling him and he acts like he doesn't hear me :dohh: ) Anyway, based on my experiences, I would say you're fine.

I listen to my very loud sound system and my baby has been perfect.

I actually asked my doctor about noise levels before I went to an indoor (so very loud) concert when I was twelve weeks with my son. My friend told me her doctor said it could throw the baby's heartbeat off. My doctor laughed and said he had never heard that and it was fine. Google supported what my doctor said. So I went and then when I gave birth, my son passed his hearing test better than the other newborns, meaning his hearing was great (which doesn't help when I am calling him and he acts like he doesn't hear me :dohh: ) Anyway, based on my experiences, I would say you're fine.

Happy to hear you had a good experience! And it definitely makes me feel less worried. I don't even think my baby's hearing would be developed this early, but I could be wrong? It's crazy how pregnancy makes you question every little thing you do!!

I think it is starting to develop? Lol I dunno. My friends doctor just said things about the heartbeat and hearing and my doctor said no, that isnt the case, and I just listened to what he said. I think her doctor was just being crazy over cautious.

I don't think the hearing develops until around 16 weeks:

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/your-baby/week-16/ear.aspx

Even then, the baby is quite well protected inside you. I wouldn't worry about it:

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/lloud-noises.aspx

It's fine, I went to the f1 masters a month ish before I was due with ds and it was fine. Xx

If your DH is anything like mine, he is going to love the constant designated driver ;) Have fun!!

Thanks for the reassurance and help, ladies!

If your DH is anything like mine, he is going to love the constant designated driver ;) Have fun!!

Yes, he definitely enjoys having a designated driver...although he seems to be drinking a lot less now because he's missing his #1 drinking partner (me!). lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->