probably silly question!

StarAngel

Reaction score
its still early days for me I am only just entering my 2nd trimester but sooo many questions going through my mind (its my first!). What I wanted to ask is can I express milk right from the start? I am really considering breast feeding as I hear all the pros about it and I know if I did half anf half - bottle and breast it could create nipple confusion. So any nursing moms out there that can shed light on this for me? I am in college weekends so it would make things easy if I could express from the beginning.

You can express right from the start yeah, you probably won't get much at first though. If you're worried about nipple confusion I'd hang on to introduce the bottle if I were you, just until your LO is fully confident with breastfeeding. I started at 4 weeks and that was perfect for us :)

Research paced bottle feeding and make sure you are using the slowest flow nipple possible and never go to a faster one. Some babies discover that bottles are way easier to get milk from then refuse the breast so it is important that bottle feeding mimics breastfeeding as closely as possible :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->