Probably TMI

chicksy

Reaction score
Ok so the dreaded :witch: decided to grace me with her presence 5 days ago. I have had very heavy bleeding and lots of clots and EWCM (which has completely confused me) but she has no sign of jumping on her broomstick and going away. Today I am just as heavy as I was five days ago and Im still getting the clots although these are smaller. This is my first period since having my mirena coil out seven weeks ago. Im not bothered by her presence to be honest as I can monitor my cycle etc, Im just really fed up :(

aw hun thats poo!!!
DO you think its having the coil removed then thats making her stay longer?

xx

:hugs: I bet that would be frusterating. Ive had the same thing before just not for so long. But its probably this long because your body is trying to get back to normal. :hugs: Hope the witch leave you alone soon. AF is bad enough but when it doesnt go away it can be the pits. :hugs:

Probably, and it is the first period I have had in 2 years so I cant really grumble but my god Im going to need shares in Always if it goes on much longer lol Im going through a pack a day :sick: Maybe another small glass of :wine: and another bar of chocolate will make me feel better lol

this is my second AF off of BDP and it's definitely heavier longer than when on BCP. I had the same thing last month - 5 days of very heavy flow and then 1 day of light. NOT usual for me. Usually I have 2 days of heavy flow, 3 days of medium, and maybe 1 day of light.

This time around I'm on day 3 and same thing - heavy with clots. It may just be your system "cleaning" itself out or the coil could have acted to make your periods lighter...I think that's what happened to me. And trust me, I'm not used to having to change things every 2-3 hours, not at all! It's actually annoying...

Hope that helps a little!

Thanks Dakini. I know what you mean about changing at the minute Im lucky if I make it an hour before the next change :sick: and I am starting to smell like a lead pencil!

Probably just your body adjusting to being off BCP Chicksy, don't worry.

If it starts going much past 7 days (I think it is) at that heaviness, go see your doc. I don't think 5 days is really all that much (annoying as it is!) but a lot longer and it can be bad...but my MIL has always had heavy periods (doc actually wanted to/did put her on BCP to lighten it up!) but she is fine and has 3 children. Make sure you are eating iron too...need to replace what's lost. :-= Good thing for me I love my steak...though when pg going to need to no longer order it very rare...:dohh:

Do what I'm going to do...give it a few months and see what happens. Like I said, BCP can make your periods lighter than normal so that could be it as well. And just think, when you get your BFP you won't have to worry about AF for 9 months! :happydance: (I won't get into what happens after birth...) :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->