Problems after stitches have healed

maggie111

Reaction score
I had a forceps delivery with an episiotomy, and also a bilateral tear. I've felt different since, which is understandable. At first all I could feel were stitches and now the swelling has gone down too etc. It's been 5.5 weeks since I delivered.

It feels like the nerve endings have changed, I regularly feel a pulling just above my clitoris, it's hard to explain. Sometimes when I tighten my pelvic floor that's where I can feel it.

I can feel (and see) that my perineum has opened much more than it was, so what was inside is now part of my outside... Does that make any sense??

A definite problem is a red swelling - it looks like some flesh is poking out? It's slightly sensitive to touch, and definitely an anomaly of some kind.

I know my vagina has been through a trauma and that I should expect some change. I have my 6 week app with the doctor next week and I'm not sure what to talk about - what is normal, what is not??! :nope:

Sounds exactly like the problem I had, kinda looked like what should be on the inside had fallen out! I was mortified, I went back to the docs, then referred to hosp for restitching...dont be afraid to go say something, if its not right its not right!.

Mmm mine is still not right my lo is 6 months! I've lump to the entrance of my vaginal wall I thought it was stiches maybe scar tissue but its a ball. I'm going to go see my gp but its not sore just sticks out!!

Our poor bodies lol

Op - my bits didn't settle for a while. I also got pain around the clot area which I think was referred pain from my pelvic floor.

Scottish - is it a soft ball? don't panic but sounds like bladder prolapse. Same as me. Freaked me out at first but pretty common. It's where the front wall of the vagina weakens and the bladder presses (prolapses forward). Don't google and get freaked put. They are extreme cases. Do lots if pelvic floor exercises.

Ask at your appointment for sure if you're worried. When I looked in the mirror at 4 weeks pp I was absolutely horrified. I'd had an episiotomy all sorts of problems with it split a stitch and needed 2 cutting out, it was a nightmare! When I had my 6 week check she was like, 'wow yes I can tell you had a difficult delivery'... Obviously that didn't make me feel better!

She told me though to give it a full year, she said by then everything will be as good as it's going to get and will feel normal again and I'll not even think about it. I must say it's fine now so I'm pretty happy again it definately takes time.

Episiotomys are the worst!

Ah great thanks!! I wondered I was googling lots and worrying like mad. It's soft and when I do my pelvic floor it feels very sensitive!!! Is it a large lump? X

Ah great thanks!! I wondered I was googling lots and worrying like mad. It's soft and when I do my pelvic floor it feels very sensitive!!! Is it a large lump? X

Kinda feels like a soft (small) golf ball. Like a pouch in sticking into the vagina. Bigger when bladder is full. I spoke to doc. Main issue is pain or incontinance. Thankfully I have neither. Sometimes feel I need the loo when I don't. I did have pain until about 12 weeks and it still does feel weird to do pelvic floor exercises esp with a full bladder. Also when my bladder is full and I contract my pelvic floor it can feel like I have a tampon in too low.

Just gotta keep up with the excercises.

Sorry for the hijack OP.

Scottish - this helps explain.

https://www.m.webmd.com/women/bladder-prolapse-cystocele

Great yes mine is soft and is about golf ball maybe smaller size, it's just on the side of my wall here's the graphic bit: when I bend over and look into the mirror you can sometimes see a bulge stick out from my right lip (is it called) lol!

Yeah def sounds like bladder prolapse. I was freaked out at first but over it now and not causing my any major problems. The hab-it pelvic floor DVD is meant to be really good. I just need to remember to do my pelvic floor exercises regularly.

Sorry op I'm hogging the info seems we all have similar issues lol. Thanks bean66, I feel much better. Xx

I had episiotomy and forceps and had problems since. Def still not right!

The scar only stopped bleeding a couple of months ago (7.5 months since delivery)

I've been left with a bladder prolapse too.

With my first, I delivered back to back and had to push pretty hard to get him out quickly (HR dipping) I only got a second degree tear (internal only) but did all sorts of damage to my pelvic floor!

By 6 months pp it was feeling a little better and after a year my bladder was no longer prolapsing significantly.

When I was pregnant with #2 things did drop down a little, but nothing too major and after delivering #2 things have actually improved even further ( #2 was a normal delivery and I didn't have to forcibly push)

Just give it time, don't do anything which puts too much pressure on your pelvic floor for now, and do lots of kegels! Also I found DTD helped push everything back in too iykwim! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->