Progesterone and Spotting

lily2614

Reaction score
I am a little over 6 weeks. I started taking (ORAL) progesterone 5 days ago. I have been spotting for a week and half now. Mainly brown. I had one episode of red yesterday and then again tonight. It just quickly goes back to brown. I'm cramping, but that is nothing new. I have been cramping for almost 3 weeks (ever since I found out I was pregnant). I hear that spotting is common when taking progesterone. Its just your body trying to adapt to it. Anyone have experience with this? I have a repeat ultrasound tomorrow but just trying to get some answers from other experiences. Thanks

I never had any with my twins. This time I had a tiny bit of pink that I think may have been from external swelling/ irritation. They did an US and everything looked fine. Progesterone should prevent bleeding.

I would go to the doctor and just make sure you're levels are still rising.. my brown spotting ended in mc my first pregnancy . but it is different for everyone!! I see a lot of women with brown spotting on here tho that are just fine :) <3.. I hope it's good news for you :)

Progesterone is said to prevent bleeding from what I've read. (I am using a progesterone oil supplement right now)

Good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow!

I'm on the suppossies myself, and its suppose to stop bleeding.
Hope goes well in the scan tomorrow.
I'll be on pins when they tell me to stop taking it x x x

I have red bleeding/spotting again this morning but no cramping. I'm pretty sure I'm starting to miscarry. I know there is still hope but I just have to be real about the situation because I don't want to get my hopes up and then I will be just devastated. I have never experienced this. I have to kids already and never had problems like this. Find something out today at 1. Thanks everyone for there answers.

Well baby is still fighting. I have a hemorrhage to the left of the sac (reason for my bleeding) and the sac is measuring small. Same thing happened with my last pregnancy and my daughter is 17 months now :) My daughter made it through so I have high hopes for this little guy as well. Heartbeat is good at 118. Next ultrasound on January 22nd. Just a waiting game at this point. Hoping my body heals up and fixes the small sac

Fingers crossed it heals up nice and quick for you.. you've been through this before, your body can do it again :) fx for your next scan

Well baby is still fighting. I have a hemorrhage to the left of the sac (reason for my bleeding) and the sac is measuring small. Same thing happened with my last pregnancy and my daughter is 17 months now :) My daughter made it through so I have high hopes for this little guy as well. Heartbeat is good at 118. Next ultrasound on January 22nd. Just a waiting game at this point. Hoping my body heals up and fixes the small sac

keeping everything crossed, everything works out for you. You've done it before, you can do it again. Keep us posted x x x

Good luck, fingers crossed your body will sort it out and lil one will go to term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->