Progesterone Injections

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
Hi, my OB is starting me on weekly progesterone injections from 16 weeks, so next monday, to help prevent preterm labour again. I just wondered if anyone here had had them so are they pinful, what are the side effects etc? and do they work?

I had never even heard of these during my other pregnancies, although we now live in California from the UK so maybe its different here:wacko:

Thanks in advance ladies:flower:

i was on progesterone from 24 weeks this pregnancy but not by injections. I took the last one wednesday night (they stopped them at 34 weeks) and went into labour on friday and had baby Noah 34+2. Seems a bit funny that as soon as i stopped taking them baby was born. I guess that would suggest they worked for me. I didn't have any side effects but i think they can give you headaches. If the pill doesn't give you a headache then i doubt this will because progesterone is also often found in there also. I don't know where you have to have the jabs but if they give you a choice, opt for the bum and not the thigh. The thigh always hurts the most.

I think its a bum shot, really hope its not as painful as the steroid injections:wacko:

Thankyou for answering, that you gave birth right after stopping would suggest they work, so I'm all for that:thumbup:

How is your LO doing?:hugs:

LO is pretty good. just feeding issues and jaundice. Shouldn't take too long to get him home. I'm just sick of it because he's our 3rd prem.
I read somewhere that it's not uncommon for women to go into labour within 48 hours of going of meds such as progesterone. I would have kept taking it if i'd known i would fall into that category. By the way, i don't think anything will hurt as much as those bloody steroids :)

Well I have heard really good things about the shots and theyappearently dohelp to prevent preterm birth I am not sure if they hurt though

i was told women go into labour when progesterone decreases

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->