• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Protein Shakes for MS?

I Love Lucy

DS and DD
Reaction score
I stumbled upon some forum and saw a few ladies mention how they would drink a protein shake before bed so that they didn't wake up nauseated in the middle of the night. Has anyone tried this? Did it work? I've never heard of protein shakes helping with MS but I'd be willing to try if my MS gets worse.

It does work, protein will help your blood sugar stay level for a loooong time. Anything carby or sugary (eg high fruit content) spikes (and drops) your blood sugar, it the lows that trigger ms. I do morning shakes with spinach, blueberries and flavourless protein powder. I make lots and just put the rest in a cup for the next day so I'm not constantly making them. You can put liquid iron or omega oil in them without a hint of taste.
I hope it helps you!

Not tried it but I can see how it would work, I increased my protein intake last week after reading protein and vit B6 ( in lots of high protein foods) helps as before all I really wanted was carbs and its made a huge difference to my MS. I would be carefull what one you get though as they sometimes have caffine CLA and other weightloss/gain or energy stuff in them for fittness.

<--yes watch out for caffeine, soy protein and artificial sweeteners. Try whey protein. It's clean and will keep you going.

Processed soy mimics estrogen, you really don't want to be messing with extra hormones right now and I tend to stay away from artificial sweeteners too.

They've banned soy based infant formula in NZ and some European countries because it causes infertility. Unless you're eating whole soybean (edamame) the soy is modified and NOT good for us. It's too bad the usa allows such strong lobby groups, soy has been marketed as a health food product for years when really, 95% of it is a GMO, Round Up sprayed crop:nope:

I'll have to look into getting some protein powder then so I can make my own shakes. I definitely don't want to be battling awful MS with a 9 month old to take care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->