puberty for for almost 10 yr old boy?

SherryDupo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My son will be 10 Dec. 17th and he has a lump about the size of a nickel under his right nipple. It is firm/hard and that nipple is slightly bigger and darker than the left. It isn't causing pain, but I'm curious could this be puberty related already? Anyone else have this happen to their sons so early? I plan on taking him to the doctor Tuesday after the holiday, but I'm in slight panic mode. He is my oldest and I don't have any other experience with boys his age. Thanks

Exact same thing happened to my son. He is 18 now. Vaguely remember it may have moved to other one later. Not sure but think males and females still have some of the same hormones but obviously in different quantities x

I don't have a son that age, but I had fibrocystic breasts in my teens and at one point had a lump the size of a large egg. Totally benign, disappeared on its own.

I remember being told that a lump that moves around under the skin and feels rubbery and round is typically not a problem.

So doctor says it's puberty related and no need for alarm. He said it should go away on its in a year or so. I can't believe he is at that age already? It just seems so early to me

That didn't happen to my son, but he did start puberty between 9 and 10 y/o. He's now just over 11 y/o and his voice is changing (not cracking as much as it was just a few months ago), and he's already as tall as me. The first change we noticed was body odor. We have to keep reminding him, but we made sure to have deodorant here for him to put on daily and after showers. And about a month ago he was started to get hair under his armpits. I just had him this past weekend and I know he's always had hair on his legs, but it was just peach fuzz before. He now is starting to get thicker hair on his legs.....I'm not ready for him to grow up lol.

My son doesnt seem close to puberty. Dumb Q...what are the first signs?

I think it varies child to child. For my son it was body odor. When I was a child, I started puberty at age 9 having to start to wear a bra (didn't get period though until I was 11). My soon to be 11 year old niece doesn't seem to be close to puberty yet. And I don't really have experience with any other boys as I never lived close to my cousin who is 18 months older than my son, and I don't remember back when my brother was going through puberty. I think his might have been his voice was the tell-tale sign.

Hmmm... my son's feet stunk the other day. He is 11 so he must be close?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->