• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pubic Hair

PurplePink

Reaction score
I am due to have a section on Friday (first baby) should i shave/wax my bikini line??

I used hair removal cream. That's what the hospital recommended. You only need to do the top bit. Do it the night before.

My hospital says don't shave or wax or anything for two weeks before due to risk of infection so I would say don't. If your like me you can't see it anyway!! :)

when I had my emergency section they shaved me while I was in theatre x

They do shave you anyway, so need to worry :winkwink:

However, if your like me, you may feel better with a proffesional wax :kiss:

I shaved the night before even though I couldn't see that area. The nurse had to shave a few bits I'd missed before I was taken down to theatre. If I need a section this time I'll get my husband to do it for me.

The husband did mine! Both times!! I would definitely do it yourself as they dont use nice things to do it and ive heard its a dry shave! x

I was going to do it myself as had a section planned but then my waters went so had to have a section 2 weeks earlier than planned. Anyway, they shaved the top bit on me before I went to theatre and it really wasn't a big deal, so if I have another baby I won't bother doing it myself, as they would probably double check I'd done it right anyway|Good luck for Friday!!

The husband did mine! Both times!! I would definitely do it yourself as they dont use nice things to do it and ive heard its a dry shave! x

This is true, a cheapie razor & dry shave :wacko:

Not exactly a beauty salon treatment :haha:

They don't shave you completey though, as others have made it sound haha. Just the top bit where they ake the I incision! X

I was told not to do anything for at least a week beforehand due to risk of infection. They only shave a little bit, just let them do it - lets face it you are going to have a wound there for a while anyway so, a dodgy 'haircut' really doesnt matter!!!

I was shaved there with my second, but my first and last I had a wax.

They shaved me after the epidural was put in. I was VERY fuzzy as I hadn't been able to reach for ages! I say let them do it because they know how much they need off and you might miss bits anyway with the big baby bump blocking your view

I've always got my lady-garden hot waxed and I had it done a few days before my section. My theory was: the slower regrowth (than shaving) might cause less problems with ingrown hairs in the scar iykwim x

I used removal cream a few days before my c/s as made so easy for the dressing to come off and not get stuck in hair xxx

I was shaved for my first... Didnt even think about it as i only had overnight to prepare and i was worried! This time i got myself totally waxed about 2 weeks before, but got about 5 painful swollen nodules which i assume were ingrown hairs about 2 days after coming home from hospital... Needed to take antibiotics to sort it out and i can still feel small lumps.

Not sure what id recommend in hindsight.... I did prefer being clean from the wax so that toilet and shower were easier after the op.

im due my section on the 14th of march and im booked in for a wax on the friday before which is 5 days before which is plenty of time for pores to close back up and still be hair free lol... i do not want a dry shave as i have sensitive skin ... i would not let my husband do it... and i cant see to do it myself lol

I had a bikini wax before being induced, when they were prepping me for theatre they didn't have to do any more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->