Pubic Pain

Future-Sailor

Reaction score
I'm 30 weeks pregnant and started having really horrible pubic pain in the last week or so - sharp sudden shooting pain which are accompanied by a burning/stinging sensation down below....feels like baby is putting lots of pressure on pelvic floor and trying to 'dig' his way out!

Now I know it's not going to kill me and it's just one of those pregnancy related symptoms but I would still like to see someone about it. Should I contact midwife or GP?

Has anyone had this and can share their experience?

Thanks x

I have the same and I spoke to my gp as I could get an appointment quicker and wanted to check I was still ok to do pregnancy yoga. She tested my urine to make sure it wasn't a uti and gave me advice on how to manage with it. I also mentioned it at my next midwife appointment and she was able to get hold of a maternity support band for me. Both said that although it's a nuisance and painful it should make labour easier, so there is a silver lining!

I have the same and I spoke to my gp as I could get an appointment quicker and wanted to check I was still ok to do pregnancy yoga. She tested my urine to make sure it wasn't a uti and gave me advice on how to manage with it. I also mentioned it at my next midwife appointment and she was able to get hold of a maternity support band for me. Both said that although it's a nuisance and painful it should make labour easier, so there is a silver lining!

I've got a GP appointment on Wednesday - I hope that I hear the same reassuring words :)

The burning/stinging sensation has started to remind me of the 'pushing phase' :eek:

It's horrible isn't it?! Mine seems to ease up now and then so hopefully yours will too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->