Pulling/lifting heavy things

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
Can either of these hurt baby??

I lifted a set of drawers yesterday but emptied each drawer first before moving individually, then tonight without thinking I pulled my sons bunk beds put a couple of inches from the wall , could either of these cause placental abruption?

I'm not bleeding but in hindsight in so angry and worried

Honestly, as long as you lift properly it's ok. My gyn gave me the okay to carry my 45lb dog around until about 20 weeks. Then she told me keep it to 20lbs and under. I can't rely on SO to get things done so I do a lot of moving/lifting of things. I just carried my old exercise bike down the stairs, loaded it into my car, and helped load it into someone else's car lol. I've helped SO carry large vanities down and out as well. I just always lift properly and take breaks when my body says, even if that means we go three steps at a time.

But as long as you aren't having painful cramps and bleeding I think you are good :)

My doctor says that lifting/pulling/pushing doesn't cause this issue. It can, however, make you more prone to high blood pressure, which can make you more prone to PA. So, I guess it can...indirectly. I have four kids, aged 5, 3, 3, 1. All singletons. I lift one or three of them at a time, frequently. My doctor is okay with it as long as I listen to my body. If it hurts, don't do it. She's more concerned about me hurting my back or pulling a muscle or joint pain.

I did have a bit of cramp earlier but could it just be I overdone it??x

Yeah cramps definitely come from overdoing it. So long as they go away within a day or two/aren't painful or bloody you are good. Never hurts to ask the gyn but that's what my doctor tells me anytime I pop her a hey is this ok email lol which is frequently

I live on a farm and lift things all the time. My doctor gave me the ok since my body is used to it but she did tell me to tone it down a bit, as in I'm no longer able to carry the 70 lb bales of hay that I used to. I'm sure one time of lifting something heavy won't hurt anything. If you're having cramps, it is likely just because your body is not used to it, although I do get cramps when I overdo it and so I just take a break, returning to the activity the next day once I rest up. Anything over 40 lbs I get my DH to help me with.

Absolutely. Cramps mean SLOW DOWN. :) Be more aware of what you're doing, and don't be afraid to ask for help. You're extremely unlikely to cause harm to your pregnancy, but you ARE likely to cause yourself to feel pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->