Pumping/Full-time working moms...

Mannie89

Reaction score
I'm always wondering if I am producing enough, if I'm NOT producing enough, what the average amount a working mom can pump, or if my daycare provider is over feeding my breastfed son. :haha:

How many oz. can you full-time working momma's pump in a day? How many times are you able to pump?

I work an 8 hour shift at my office job. I am able to pump twice a day at work. I get to go see my baby at lunch and feed him myself so that cuts down on the number of times I have to pump during my shift. I spend 15-20 minutes per pumping session. My morning pumping session, I am able to produce about 7-10oz(depending on the amount of water I have been drinking). My afternoon session, I am only able to get about 4oz. I also pump once at night at about 11pm, after baby has been in bed for about 3hrs. I usually get 4-6oz during that pumping session. So on average, I can pump about 16-18oz a day for my lil boy.

There's really no point in this thread:)haha:) but I thought it would be kind of fun to compare all the working momma's schedules and to see how much is an "average" amount to be pumping, etc.

i get just enough milk for my dd. Usually 12-14 oz from three pumping sessions. 4-6 oz in the morning, 4 oz lunch, 3-4 oz in the afternoon. Wish i could get a bit more but no matter what i do, i get the same.

I work 12 hours overnight. I pump 3 times in my shift and I get 12-18 oz. I don't really sleep so I nurse her during the day. Its tough but I want me LO to breastfeed as long as she wants to. She is 3 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->