Pumping Question..PLEASE!!

tattlebaby

Reaction score
Why is it that I'm producing more milk from my right breast? Does this sound familiar to any of you on here? Also, yesterday I pumped for the very first time and was able to retrieve 3 ounces from my right breast, later that same day I tried pumping again but couldn't retrieve much..only about an ounce from my right breast, let alone my left breast which gave me only about a few drops. Could this be because I pumped immediately following a breast feeding session with my LO? How and when do you ladies pump? What schedule do you follow for breast pumping?

Each breast is different~ :haha: (my right gives me more than my left as well). I tend to nurse the left first, then my right to see if it'll increase the supply from the left. :thumbup:

Pumping right after feeding will definitely give you less milk than you would without nursing. I pump right after I feed for the first 6-8 weeks to build up my supply. Usually, our body will have more milk in the morning compared to the evening time.

For the first 6-8 weeks, I pump right after I feed to build up my supply because I had to return to work at 8th week. if I give a bottle of breastmilk instead of nursing, I would pump when LO is drinking from bottle (extra stimulation).

Now that I return to work, I pump after my morning feed (~6:30AM). Then pump twice at work (10AM and 1:30PM). And nurse LO when I got home at ~5:30/6. If she happened to nurse only one side, I would pump. LO is not sleeping through the night yet, and I nurse her during night time. Once she does, I plan to do a pump right before I go sleep. :thumbup:

How old is your baby? sounded like you're still at the newborn stage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->