pureeing peas.

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
Well, we started Grady on a few veg, and he loved the jarred peas, so we made our own, but they seem to stay chunky.. Not sure what to do! Sweet potatoes and bananas turned out great when we made those. Grady starts gagging and actually choked a little bit with the peas.

Any suggestions? Should I whip them through the food processor instead of my little hand blender?

You could always try passing the pea puree through a very fine mesh strainer AFTER processing in the blender. This should hopefully get rid of the bits.

Good idea! I never thought of that!
Thank you!

I am going to make peas and green beans for the first time today, will puree it in a food processor but i hear they pretty much remain bitty, so am going to do the same as the above poster push it all through a seive type thing.

I just got a book by Annabel Karmel, she suggests using something called a Mouli to puree peas and sweetcorn. Never heard of one personally...

we pureed Hannah's in our blender with a bit of the water we used to cook them in and they seemed to puree to a very smooth texture

we pureed Hannah's in our blender with a bit of the water we used to cook them in and they seemed to puree to a very smooth texture

Mine too ... we probably half killed ours though :lol:

I have found that the hand blender is much better for peas. Also use garden peas not those petit pois thingy me jiggers. When I used those it stayed bitty. but when I used garden peas and used the hand blender,.... perfecto !!

When I did peas I steamed them in a pot, then used some of the water from cooking to thin it out a little more.. I put it in my blender and went further than pureeing.. I liquified them and froze them :)

How long did everyone cook them? I cooked them how they're supposed to be cooked, but my MIL said I would probably want them the same consistency as a can of peas, so completely mushy to start...

umm I'm not sure probably 15-20 minutes though it could have been a lot longer :rofl: I lost track of time a lot when Hannah was that age

:rofl: ^^

Not sure how long I cooked them. Not any longer than what I'd want to cook them for myself when I did sugar snap peas (in pods).. the frozen peas.. yeah I did them pretty mushy come to think of it!! I had a hard time NOT getting bits of the shells (the outside part, is that what they're called?) in it.. but Elyse eats them now no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->