Purees & Freezing

Char&Bump-x

Me and her
Reaction score
I know i'm not anywhere close to having to think about weaning yet lol, but i have a few questions.

When making/freezing purees do you just cook the meal as you normally would, blend it, cool it and freeze it in ice cube trays?

How do you warm them up again after?
What age range do babies eat these?

Ta x

Well it depends on what you're making. Early on if you are doing purees you'll probably stick with simple foods until you work out if baby is allergic to anything. It's best to steam the fruits and veggies as it keeps in more nutrients and than puree it in a blender with however much water (that you steamed it in) that you need. I always freeze mine in ice cube trays and once frozen move them into a plastic bag that is labeled with the content and date that it was made.

oh and I always put mine straight into the freezer....

I was hoping you would reply, you were the only person i could think of that i knew made loads of it! lol

Thank you :)

Yeah i do pretty much the same as Vickie, at first i gave her jars of puree so i could work out what she liked and what she didnt, save myself cooking a batch and it all getting wasted.

Now i make up combo's of 2 or 3 different things and freeze them up

I did the same as Vickie as well. You can check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com they have alot of info on how to freeze, how long, what combos are good together, when they can have certain foods

I'm doing the jar foods first as well, to get what she likes and what she doesn't. :) We've only just started to introduce purees, but I'll be making my first batch of food next week.

I pretty much do the same, I boil, then blend the veggies, and then put them in ice cube trays and transfer them to freezer bags once frozen. I freeze the veg seperately, so carrots/sweet potato/parsnips etc in different bags so I can mix and match different combinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->