pyelectasis-worried

Krissy485

Waiting to try again....
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

well I was told after my anatomy scan I had done at 18+3 that the babies kidneys are measuring too big. they are suppose to be 4mm and under and his are 4.8 and 5.4. The dr I saw is not one I like in the office and was in and out in like two min and just told me I would need another scan done which I am having on the 19th I will be 22+3 at this point....

so my question is if his kindneys are still not measuring right what do they do? will I be refered over to a high risk dr since mine is just a normal ob? we have tried for over 3 year for this baby....we had our first 3 kids very close together with very little problems....then when we decided we wanted one more we had 3mc over the 3 yrs then were surprised with this baby......I just pray everything is ok with him....

thanks for any information you have and support!

well my scan is coming up in just 5 more days........

any one deal with this before????

Sorry, I've not dealt with this before. I hope everything shows up fine on your next ultrasound.

Thanks! and I hope your little one is doing well!

Hi! after a few more scans I saw the high risk ob and then after a few more scans the babies kidneys started to regulate out. the high risk ob I had was wonderful!! the way he explained it to me was that he does not really go off how big they are rather if the capillaries in the kidneys are enlarged and that would indicate the retaining of fluid. his were slightly enlarged at first then went normal. his kidneys stayed a little larger but he said that was his anatomy bc he was a big baby and I had extra fluid...he peed a lot because he was bigger than the average.

my DS was born on May 30th 4 weeks early so late stage premie...but that was due to pre-e his kidneys are perfectly fine and he even weighed a whopping 6lb 13oz the size of most 40weeks lol.

good luck and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and make sure you are getting the best care. I switched dr at 30weeks bc my original ob was stupid and I am so happy I did!

Hi! after a few more scans I saw the high risk ob and then after a few more scans the babies kidneys started to regulate out. the high risk ob I had was wonderful!! the way he explained it to me was that he does not really go off how big they are rather if the capillaries in the kidneys are enlarged and that would indicate the retaining of fluid. his were slightly enlarged at first then went normal. his kidneys stayed a little larger but he said that was his anatomy bc he was a big baby and I had extra fluid...he peed a lot because he was bigger than the average.

my DS was born on May 30th 4 weeks early so late stage premie...but that was due to pre-e his kidneys are perfectly fine and he even weighed a whopping 6lb 13oz the size of most 40weeks lol.

good luck and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and make sure you are getting the best care. I switched dr at 30weeks bc my original ob was stupid and I am so happy I did!

Thanks for replying. Im trying not to worry. How many weeks were you when his kidneys started to look normal? Thank you

I think I was right around 32 weeks pregnant when the high risk dr decided that his kidney size was due to the fact he was in the 90th % for weight and I also had a condition where I had too much amniotic fluid. baby boy is now 12 weeks and pees just fine lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->