Q re: faulty clothing

jenny82

Reaction score
I bought a dress a while ago that shrunk. It was pricey enough (from house of fraser) for a day dress. I returned it faulty and they gave me a refund.

Over Christmas I saw it on sale and re-bought it. I did love it and it was perfect for me being pregnant at the minute. When I washed it, I made sure to follow the instructions (I did before, but afterwards thought that I just wasn't as careful as I should have been). Again, it's shrunk.

I am going to return it, but I am not sure whether or not to say to HOF that this is the 2nd time. I'm afraid of them refusing because I was silly enough to buy it twice, but again, there obviously must be some fault with the fabric that it just can't be washed and they should know this. What would you do?

I'd just take it back ;)

If you want to return it, I would just return it without mentioning it's the second time, although they may log who is returning what anyway - did they take your details last time? There shouldn't be a problem with it if you told them it was the second time, but you never know, sometimes people are overly suspicious! Once it's returned, I'd email their customer services and let them know - if nobody tells them, they'll not know there's a problem. It may be that faulty items just go through as faulty rather than with a reason.

However, what fabric is it? Could it be that there is allowance made in the cut of the dress to allow for shrinkage? How much did it shrink? Some fabrics do shrink a little bit when washed - normally manufacturers pre-wash them for you but occasionally they don't and just cut the item bigger to take account of shrinkage later.

I did give my details but I paid cash the first time and card the second so unless they went through the paperwork, I don't think they would notice.

That's a good idea though. I will return it and then email afterwards. I just want them to know as they are an expensive store and that dress wasn't at all good value.

It was a thin material, almost crinkly. There was no label allowing for shrinkage and I read the washing instructions a few times to make sure I was doing it right. It was knee length when I bought it and about 1.5 inches shorter after, which is just too short for me and especially with a big preggo ass ;)

Sounds like it should be hand wash only. I wouldn't mention it was the second time incase then email once I've got money back x

It was hand wash, and I did it hand wash both times, only cooler the 2nd. Stupid overpriced piece of crap!

I would also just return it and once you have the refund on your card, you could just email them to let them know. Its not worth the hassle otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->