Quavers...is it ok to give a 1yr+?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
This might sound really silly but the other day my friend asked me if i had any quavers in the house for her little boy, i told her we don't buy crisps because no one really eats them. She was like :shock:...don't you even give him then as a treat...which i don't, he has never really tried them...tbh im a little obsessed with making sure he eats healthy food.

Has your LO tried Quavers? x

Yeah Skye eats quavers sometimes if we are out with the pram, she loves them, but I try not to give her them too often. In fact, they are the only type of crisps she eats, Im not sure why but I thought they wouldnt be too bad for them compared to some others.

Hannah has had quavers, not a full bag to herself but we have shared a bag!

quavers have msg in them. thats why i wouldnt choose those ones. if your going to give crisps as a treat i would pick something else.

he only has 1 or 2 if i have them, i wouldnt ever give him a full packet

xxx

I give Grace quavers but not a whole bag to herself, just a few

Caitlin will have quavers, wotsits & skips! Not a full bag but yer a few in a bowl! I also buy little boxes of kids dried fruit, organix carrot crisps and plain biscuits ...hey she even had a mini milky way :D Ok not all that in one day haha

Few crisps after her lunch and a lil biscuit, milkyway or dried fruit after dinner so what she has varies each day.

I'm fedup of tip toeing around now shes growing into a young girl shes not 6 months old you know? Lil sal lil this that ...quantity is the important part - Caitlin has weetabix or shreddies for brekkie, dairylea cheese and plain bread sticks and a yogurt for lunch & proper dinners every day.

Kaysie will have some too :)

Joel loves them, and tbh, i do let him eat the full bag. He doesnt get them all the time so i dont see the problem with it xx

kaitlyn also eats a few, she loves them...

might i add she also loves her fruit. which i think is far more important, but i give her a little taste of everything so she has a variety of different taste and texture, obviously not things she can choke on..

Thanks everyone...i am keen to let my LO try a bit of everything even what people would call 'naughty food'...its just the look that i got of my friend, got me a bit worried! xx

My daughter is not a fan of crisps,she prefers chocolate lol but when she has 'baby' friends over or if we go to our friends houses she always has treats.
I think as long as you limit it,it wont do her any harm. I was really strict with her till she was 18 months but it's hard when other children eat sweets and she's not allowed.

salt and shake crisps are good - you don't have to put the sachet of salt in. So they're salt-free crisps.

I also give Madeleine something called 'Bamba' which are like Wotsits, but half peanut. They sell them in the Kosha aisle in sainsburys. I figure being vegetarian, nuts are good.

I don't really give Tigs wotsits/quavers, but she has skips, basically she's tried everything we eat, when they are a little older its more a quantity thing than anything else. So long as he is eating a substantial amount of healthy foods he will be fine :)

ffion and rhys usually share a bag.. we dont usually have them in the house ONLY because me and OH dont really eat crisps.. but if we're out and about in the pram a bag of quavers is great for keeping the peace!

when we go to my mums the kids eat loads of crap because rhys knows nana has it all in her cupbaords :rofl:

i read about the 80/20 rule recently and since then i have been a lot more releaxesd with abs trying new things...makes sense. so long as for 80% of the time you eat healthily then the odd 'treat' or not so healthy food is fine. and yes she likes quavers...wotsits, chocolate fingers, garlic bread....i won;t go on!

My Dylan eats nearly the whole bag, but again he doesnt have them every day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->