Question about A´s and B´s ( apnea and bradys)

Hotmum

Reaction score
Hey I know is a normal ´´preemie`` thing and they outgrow it !

But I wonder when they are ready to come home?
My baby girl still having spells, but when she was in the NICU ( few days ago) nurses use to wait for her to fix it on her own and IF NOT do something, she was doing great at it, always fixing on her own !
She was transfered to special care ( also because the hospital closer to my house only had a special care not NICU hehe, but she did graduated NICU)after 14 days YEAAA !
But when she have her spells is not like in the NICU, in the special care they get all worried and most of the time they ´´massage`` or do something about, don´t even wait for her to ´´fix`` on her own...

Is it normal?
for how long she will have spells for?

She will outgrow them in her own time, but I was told between 35-37 weeks, you should be seeing a huge improvement!

Elias graduated from the "NICU" and was moved to the "Neonatal Village" and they also did the same thing -- anytime he had an episode, they would freak out, massage him, and even push his oxygen higher. It was down right annoying (especially because majority of the "episodes" were mechanical, and not him at all).

She'll get there in no time! :hugs:

Thank you Srrme ! =)

I was actually worried about it ...

Yea it´s just crazy how special care ppl are MUCH more worried than NICU haha
what is mechanical spell anyways ?

i think mechanical spell is when a machine causes the apnea or bradya - for example when one of the probes becomes unglued heh

I think to be released your little one must have no episodes for 5 days or something similar. They should gradually diminish. My own baby took weeks to get to that point, but he had many pulmonary problems. He was released 3 weeks after his due date.

Thank you Srrme ! =)

I was actually worried about it ...

Yea it´s just crazy how special care ppl are MUCH more worried than NICU haha
what is mechanical spell anyways ?

What I meant by mechanical, was the probes, etc. not working properly. He had loads of so-called "desats" shortly before coming home, so they sent him home on a monitor! Come to find out, the wrap was TOO small for his foot (I had to find this out for myself, and I have no idea how the Doctor's and RN's missed it), and wasn't reading correctly. This happened in the hospital too, when he was on room air, and they freaked out and jacked his oxygen up to 100 %! It was ridiculous, because the ENTIRE time he was in the NICU (even when he was born) he was on room air. :wacko: Sadly, it happened quite a few times, and despite DH and I telling them he was fine and did NOT just have a real episode, they didn't believe us.

Anyway, he DID have actual desats and bradys for sometime before that, but one day, they just stopped (say, around 36 weeks). It seemed like they NEVER would in the beginning.

We had many desats that were due to the foot probe moving or not contacting properly. Our monitors were taken off at 34 weeks exactly, although he still had an apnoea monitor for a couple of days aftewards. I think it depends on the baby, but they will just grow out of it I was told. Jamie came home at 35 weeks so they must have been quite happy that they'd stopped around 34 weeks or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->