Question about birth control, spotting...

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Not about TTC but think this is the best group to ask...I have a question about breakthrough bleeding. I have been on the evra patch for over a year. Don't want to get switched to the pill as we will be TTC in a few months. Was on the pill for 10 years before my son and rarely had this issue.

I have a 29 day cycle (29-32 off birth control) and would always ovulate around day 21 with a short LP. Every month since I started the patch, I get some breakthrough spotting around when I would ovulate, usually just a little brown for a day or two. Always between day 20-22.

This month, I started that spotting around day 16, and now (day 21) I am also getting some light pink heavier spotting (still light just more than usual) as well as sore boobs which I never have.

Does it sound like normal breakthrough bleeding even though it's when I would normally ovulate? And also does it seem like my patch failed and I am ovulating right now? Or am I just being paranoid haha?

Hey! I wish I had a better answer. I don't use the patch, so hopefully someone else comes along. The only way to confirm ovulation is through temping. You cannot confirm it with any other symptoms. So without having temped, we can't tell you if you Oed. My only advice is to call your gyn and see what she thinks. Maybe go in just to be sure everything is as it should be. When would your period be due?

I got more spotting on the patch than I did on the pill - but got it while I was on both, every month. My doc said if you are bleeding, there is much less of a chance you could get pregnant if you did ovulate despite being on birth control. I wouldn't worry about it. But do check with your doctor if you have any concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->