Question about evap lines

minties

Complete
Reaction score
Hii everyone! My partner and I TTC for 8 years before we finally got pregnant.

Now we are NTNP as we don't want a baby right now, but figure it's going to take years so may as well make a start.

I'm breastfeeding and no periods yet, but I have been tired and had an ache in my ovaries a couple weeks back. I have done 3 tests and all 3 have the faintest of lines, I am guessing evaporation lines as they are so pale.

However, this is the same brand tests I have been using for years and years and I never got evaporation lines before.

They are pink dye tests so what colour would I expect the evaporation line to be? Pink or some other shade? The instructions say that the lines do not have to match in colour for it to be a positive, but I doubt that

Pink dye tests are usually good for not giving Evap lines!

You might be best trying a digi Hun xx

I've never had an evap with a pink dye either, so I agree with WoodyA, go for a digi and see what you get :D

Yikes! I'll see if I can find one, never seen one before.

I just did another pee-on-a-stick and have a faint pink line! I'm terrified and excited but don't want to get my hopes up.

OH would be devastated though, as he wants us both to be working by the end of the year. He's got a job interview in a few hours so I'll post a pic of the last test I did on here and see what you all think.

Argh now my stomach is churning!

Oh my goodness, can't wait to see a pic!! If you can't find a digi, I would go for a First Response test, those are always reliable...GL hun!! Keep us posted :D

Yup! He just left, I feel so sneaky. I hope the pic shows up ok, I have a crappy camera.

I'm still thinking it's a negative as the line is sorta skinny and odd looking to me. I don't even know if you will be able to see it.

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/DSCF2169.jpg

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/DSCF2170.jpg

I can definitely see it! Did the line appear within the time frame stated on the directions? If so, I'd cautiously say you're pregnant!

hey hun didnt want to read and run.. an evap line doesnt often have colour just looks like a shadow and i can deffo see a pink line. although normally i would say it looks like a :bfp: is it not possible for hcg to still be in your system as your son is so young.

good luck tho hunni hope you get the result that you want

hey hun didnt want to read and run.. an evap line doesnt often have colour just looks like a shadow and i can deffo see a pink line. although normally i would say it looks like a :bfp: is it not possible for hcg to still be in your system as your son is so young.

good luck tho hunni hope you get the result that you want

I tested negative with a blood test 1 month ago at the doctors when looking into contraception, I was going to use the minipill then decided against it as we wanted another baby 'eventually'. Like in 5 yearsish! I am breastfeeding and no period.

If this is actually a positive I am scared, I just had a c-section in December, might the scar rip open? It still hurts now and then.

I asked on another forum and everyone ripped into me, saying they aren't my body and how can they tell, and I should go get bloods done. Geez! Bunch of hormonal so-and-so's. Thank goodness for BnB! :dohh:

well id say its a bfp but you cud go to the drs for blood just too make sure... im not sure bewt the scar coz ya wouldnt stretch 4 a while. but its your body and you would have to make the decision as to keep it or not.. i cant imagine avin a newborn and a son thats jus turned 1. you could always give me your :bfp: and you take my :bfn: haha

it is really indented, so im not sure, but i see a lil bit of color, try with a FRER :)

I'd say congrats! Trust me, the first 3 tests I did were lighter than that, so much so me and my friends sat there looking at them thinking they must have all been faulty tests! Until I got one of the digital ones that said 'Pregnant! :)

The line is a darker pink now, but so thin! I don't trust it. Will get more tests today.

i think it looks like a :bfp: bit skinny but def pink!!! cant wait to see your next test :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->