Question about family bed and TTC #2/ pregnancy in the future

rescuemom82

Reaction score
hello,

my DD (26 months) has co slept since birth. First we were nursing, then even when she had to switch to FF (allergies :( ) she still slept with us.

I am hoping to TTC very soon and then I'm wondering first of all how (she waon't go to bed alone and DH is very tired at night) and then how will i transition her so that the newborn can sleep with us? we only have a queen size bed and are crammed as is.

thanks

Have you not had sex since your daughter was born?I haven't had it too much, but we just waited until she was asleep and then had sex. If it's likely to wake her up, just have sex in another location. As for co-sleeping, we will be selling the hot-tub that came with the house and buying a king sized mattress. I won't be kicking Violet out of the family bed. She'll be deciding when to leave. Right now though, we have a double and a twin. We have the mattresses turned sideways so that our heads and bodies are on the double and our feet are on the twin. It's much wider this way. So, that's one tip on how to expand a tad.

we have sex, not very freuqent haha
my daugher is the world's lightest sleeper. we can usually let her sleep on the couch for a bit or vice versa. our bedrooms are so small and we have the bigger one but no space for much larger than a queen :(

Have you not had sex since your daughter was born?I haven't had it too much, but we just waited until she was asleep and then had sex. If it's likely to wake her up, just have sex in another location. As for co-sleeping, we will be selling the hot-tub that came with the house and buying a king sized mattress. I won't be kicking Violet out of the family bed. She'll be deciding when to leave. Right now though, we have a double and a twin. We have the mattresses turned sideways so that our heads and bodies are on the double and our feet are on the twin. It's much wider this way. So, that's one tip on how to expand a tad.

Good idea.

When elektra was newborn we still had both boys in our bed, we pushed bed to wall and slept from side. Hubby lay foot end, then both boys, me then elektra by headboard. Stuffed pillows in the gap of bed frame sides and wall, then pillows on top. Worked brilliant. We have super king so just about got us all in but lying that way round.

As for dtd, wait until kids, babe asleep. Which is difficult esp when they don't sleep well.

We would also creep downstairs and make den on floor just for privacy, away from Lil ones. When done got back up stairs before any Lil ones woke up. Kind of romantic cause sneaking about essentially and would light candles to set the mood.

Good idea.

When elektra was newborn we still had both boys in our bed, we pushed bed to wall and slept from side. Hubby lay foot end, then both boys, me then elektra by headboard. Stuffed pillows in the gap of bed frame sides and wall, then pillows on top. Worked brilliant. We have super king so just about got us all in but lying that way round.

We co sleep and conceived our second

Still trying to figure out which room its was

Kitchen. ... lounge... dinning room.... patio

Make sex fun again by being sneeky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79